Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : High score details in profile?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stephen4Louise
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 548
IP: Logged

File: Crossword Grid.jpg (53.3 KB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
icon High score details in profile? (0)  
How about adding a couple of extra fields to the profile page showing current score, current position and highest position? It will make it easier for players outside of the top 20 to keep an eye on how they are doing.

[Last edited by Stephen4Louise at 09-24-2007 06:55 PM]
06-19-2006 at 12:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: High score details in profile? (0)  
I think an alternative option to this is to pass the playerid to any screen with a paged section. That way, all scores/etc would default to the page you're on, and avoid the need for clicking through each one trying to find your position.
06-19-2006 at 12:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Or a link at the bottom of paged screens "find me"
06-19-2006 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Or, how about having your current position in the high score chart displayed on the main screen in game.
06-19-2006 at 12:53 PM
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
Syntax wrote:
I think an alternative option to this is to pass the playerid to any screen with a paged section. That way, all scores/etc would default to the page you're on, and avoid the need for clicking through each one trying to find your position.
I think this is the best option, assuming it's easily implemented. Knowing your own scores is important. But when you're actively competing for position, knowing how the people around you are doing is almost as important.

But, all the ideas are good. Another one, i believe originally suggested by Michtro, is display a line with your score at the bottom of every high score page just like is done on the level pages for the holds.
06-19-2006 at 01:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
KevG wrote:
Syntax wrote:
I think this is the best option, assuming it's easily implemented. Knowing your own scores is important. But when you're actively competing for position, knowing how the people around you are doing is almost as important.

But, all the ideas are good. Another one, i believe originally suggested by Michtro, is display a line with your score at the bottom of every high score page just like is done on the level pages for the holds.
I meant actually still displaying the whole page, but showing the page you're on rather than the top x. This should actually be pretty straightforward (sql sub-select at worst). It just depends on how the paging code is implemented. I'm guessing the "misc" page will require the most work to it.
06-19-2006 at 02:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : High score details in profile?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com