Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Community Project (Not a contest exactly)
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Re: Community Project (0)  
How's it going Hikari?
01-29-2007 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Let's try this again, Pilchard, you're up. Feel free to convert it to 3.0 if you want.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-08-2007 07:53 PM]
06-08-2007 at 07:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
May I make a suggestion? Rather than doing it in order, which can often cause problems - since you've got bottlenecks. Have one central hold, and have people post their level. You then copy and incorporate that into the main hold. That way, everyone can work on the hold at once, rather than one at a time. That can cause problems.

06-08-2007 at 07:57 PM
Ezlo
Yes, but working it all together also can be confusing, you would have a mishmashed bunch of levels with conflicting parts of stories.
06-08-2007 at 08:30 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I second Ezlo.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-08-2007 at 10:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
I second Ezlo.

Only if you plan each person to have a part of the story. Why not get the puzzle design out of the way and have the bulk of the game done, *then* add the story elements in.

06-08-2007 at 11:03 PM
Ezlo
Because I want each person to have a say in the story. This is a community project, not build a hold for Ezlo to add a story too. ;)
06-08-2007 at 11:06 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I once again agree.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

06-08-2007 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Ezlo wrote:
Because I want each person to have a say in the story. This is a community project, not build a hold for Ezlo to add a story too. ;)

Ah, fair enough. If that's the approach you're taking then yes, your method is best. :)

06-08-2007 at 11:30 PM
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Community Project (Not a contest exactly)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com