Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 South, 3 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 South, 3 West (0)  
I'm still stuck here. I can come in from the north, clear all the trapdoors, drop the red gate, and get back to the north. But I can't end up on the east, and even if I could I don't see how it would help as the green gate hasn't dropped. So how do I kill the roaches?

06-07-2006 at 02:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 South, 3 West (+1)  
this hold has many rooms which need to be cleared of monsters following one path, and then passed through differently on a different path - you want to kill the roaches before approaching the trapdoor puzzle, by coming into the room a totally different way.

06-07-2006 at 03:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
icon Re: Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 South, 3 West (0)  
I've already done that, several times. But because I can't kill the seeps at the same time, the roaches return when I enter the trapdoor chamber.

06-07-2006 at 08:28 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Kafka wrote:
I've already done that, several times. But because I can't kill the seeps at the same time, the roaches return when I enter the trapdoor chamber.
I don't have my demo of how I did it exactly here, but
Click here to view the secret text

06-07-2006 at 10:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kafka
Yes, I just worked that out myself.
Click here to view the secret text
Now I'm trying to work out the trapdoor maze, getting out on the east this time.

By the way, the stats show me as having 277 high scores in this hold. How is this possible?

06-07-2006 at 11:10 AM
silver
Rank Points: 915
stats are all off right now because Schik reactivated ALL old demos and asked the spider to crawl 'em all, and it still has a long way to go (21,000+ rooms, last night was 25,000+)

[Last edited by silver at 06-07-2006 02:54 PM]
06-07-2006 at 02:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 South, 3 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com