Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 West (0)  
Can someone tell me what the trick is here? I can clear the brains, the roaches or the serpent (haven't yet been able to get into the golems chamber); but once I have done so, I have to leave the room, and the monsters reappear. There don't seem to be any crumbly walls, so how is it possible to clear all of the chambers here?
I'm having a similar problem in 1S3W; I've obviously not yet understood something important here.

Edit: Well, I just noticed the mimics in the golems chamber, so that answers part of my question. Which means getting through the trap-door maze in 1S3w; and I still can't do that.

[Last edited by Kafka at 06-06-2006 10:26 AM : Saw the mimics!]
06-06-2006 at 10:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 West (0)  
Well... there are 3 mimic potions in the bottom-right chamber...

"Oook!"
06-06-2006 at 10:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 West (0)  
Your edit is the answer. Also, don't forget that this hold is a harder and different version than the original Treasure Hunt, which for 1S 3W of this level has a similar trapdoor maze but without the wubbas, so it is easier to solve.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-06-2006 at 12:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Vault : 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com