Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Problems with the new server (If you find them, put them here.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5416
IP: Logged
icon Problems with the new server (+3)  
I'm sure there are a lot of little and maybe a few big problems left, but we want to get this server up and running, and that's the quickest way to find the rest of the little problems anyways.

If you find problems, post them here. I'm going to keep this thread as a todo list, so please keep discussion elsewhere. When I fix a problem posted here, I'll delete the post to keep it clean.

(If you get this in email, no, you can't get to the server quite yet, but you should be able to soon. Maybe in a few hours.)

06-04-2006 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5416
icon Re: Problems with the new server (+1)  
Everything that was in this thread has been fixed... except for hold uploading. I just disabled that for now until I can test it myself with a test hold.

06-04-2006 at 11:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
icon Re: Problems with the new server (0)  
Not really a problem, more of an observation - perhaps its just me, but most all of the text on the site looks ... different than it used to. I'm not exactly sure what's different about it, but it seems bigger if nothing else. Perhaps a different font face?

I know it is not something that happened to my computer because other sites look the same as they have.

06-05-2006 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
When updating the marquee text (edit options in admin), the apostrophes aren't escaped for the query. Error I get is:

Can't update settings. Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's a contest! http://caravelgames.com/contest.html' WHERE Name = 'Game20News'' at line 1

After I removed the apostrophe the query worked.

-Erik

06-05-2006 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2486
Another thing:

I can now see signatures in the "Topic Review" when posting a reply.

I have view signatures disabled and I couldn't see them before.
06-05-2006 at 07:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
It is possible to see who posted last in the submission thread on the main page. The topic where we see ? at ? by ?. I noticed that AlefBet posted into The Site most recently, and that post was the top non-sticky.

06-06-2006 at 04:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1547
Something's sick with timezones. If you look at this post, the editing time looks an hour earlier than the original posting time (the edit was pretty much straight away).
06-06-2006 at 02:13 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Schik wrote:
I restarted the spider from scratch, and marked all demos that have been deleted on the new server as needing to be verified again. From what I've watched thus far, it seems to be working okay. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not really deleting any demos for now, until we iron out any problems.

So if I have unverified demos, does that mean they won't reflect in my score? I completed two holds and started at least two others while the forum was offline (Completed: Beethro's Bad Dream, Nightmare Dungeon, Started: A Quiet Place, Beethro's Day Off), and I can't get any of these scores to show up in the High Score list. At the moment I can't tell whether this is because the scores aren't being uploaded or if there's something else going on.

My Stats page shows me with approx. 900 unverified demos. I did edit my drod.ini file to force an upload of all scores, but so far no change.

It also doesn't recognize the room I completed yesterday in Beethro's Teacher (First Level, 1N), although it does recognize the room I just completed (First Level, 1N1E).

Am I doing something wrong?

06-07-2006 at 02:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
In my profile:
click on: see posts by this user
there is: 2 posts by another user called "Jason D."
Can you fix that?
Thanks!

06-07-2006 at 06:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
The time in "edited by..." doesn't seem to be following Daylight Savings Time, as it's an hour ahead of when it is done (for me at least). I can see this in the post right before this one, even.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-10-2006 at 11:36 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5106
Oneiromancer wrote:
The time in "edited by..." doesn't seem to be following Daylight Savings Time, as it's an hour ahead of when it is done (for me at least). I can see this in the post right before this one, even.
Hmm...maybe this has to do with a problem I'm having, where the edited time is an hour behind my real time for me.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 06-10-2006 11:50 PM]
06-10-2006 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
mrimer wrote:
Oneiromancer wrote:
Hmm...maybe this has to do with a problem I'm having, where the edited time is an hour behind my real time for me.
Erm. That's what I am seeing, actually. I mixed up which one was ahead of which. Sorry!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-10-2006 at 11:55 PM
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
When sorting the high scores page alphabetically, Clefren appears on page 6 with 0 high scores. He doesn't appear when the page is sorted by score; presumably because he has no score. When sorting by #1 scores, no one with 0 #1 scores appears. This means pages 8-34 are completely blank. Not really a problem, but at least for aesthetic reasons people with 0 #1s should be listed when sorted on that field.
06-19-2006 at 02:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
Just noticed that the text at the top of the H&S board referring people with problems with common rooms to the list now links to a non-existent page.

06-25-2006 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Problems with the new server (If you find them, put them here.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com