Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Gone for the summer
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
IP: Logged
icon Gone for the summer (+2)  
If anyone's been wondering why I've been so inactive lately, it's partly because I've had a few exams, and partly because I've been preparing to move. I got a summer job in an insurance company in Turku, and I'm moving there tomorrow.

The apartment I'll be living in in Turku won't have internet access, so I'm afraid that my participation on the forums will be very low during the summer. I'll try to log in whenever I can, but I don't think I'll be able to beta test any holds (except the TCB hold if that one hits beta during the summer and I'm invited to test - I wouldn't be able to say no to that).

So, I'm leaving at Local Time:05-21-2006 at 11:00 AM and I'll be back again in September. Edit: Make that Local Time:05-21-2006 at 10:30 AM, because there may be some traffic jams due to Finland winning the ESC.

Have a really nice time drodding while I'm gone! :wavecry:

Edit: There seems to be something wrong with using that smiley. I think we need the monkey here.

[Last edited by Stefan at 05-21-2006 12:25 AM : Finland won the ESC 2006!!! Woo!]
05-20-2006 at 05:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Gone for the summer (0)  
Congrats on your summer job! That's a bit more important than DROD, I think most people would agree.

So how would you get around your internetlessness if you needed to? Just out of curiosity...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
05-20-2006 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Well, there's surely some internet cafés (or similar) I can go to, and I'll probably have a computer with internet at work (although I very much doubt I'll be using that option). Also, I'll be back home in Helsinki on a couple of weekends, so I'll have internet access at least for a little while on those occasions.

Accessing the internet once or twice a week is not really a problem. The problem is not having continuous (or easy) access from a computer with DROD installed.

[Last edited by Stefan at 05-20-2006 06:32 PM]
05-20-2006 at 06:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Well... Good luck out in the cruel world without DROD ;)
05-20-2006 at 08:01 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Gone for the summer (+1)  
Stefan wrote:
The apartment I'll be living in in Turku won't have internet access, so I'm afraid that my participation on the forums will be very low during the summer.
Whaaa...?

Don't tell us they don't have internet access at work, either... and I'm sure knows by now that the best location to play DROD is at work... :lol

Oh, and good luck with the job... :)

np: Sage Francis - Broken Wings (Personal Journals)

05-20-2006 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Gone for the summer
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com