Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Is it possible for me to get the SS holds I lost? (now that I don't have a Caravelnet subscription)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
IP: Logged
icon Is it possible for me to get the SS holds I lost? (0)  
Always back up!

Right.

Anyway, I thought I had copies of all the holds on my laptop, so I deleted the complete installation that got corrupted when my computer switched itself off. Bad move. I am missing KDD 2.0, Beethro And The Secret Society, and Halph Has A Bad day.
05-13-2006 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Is it possible for me to get the SS holds I lost? (+1)  
Did you try going to the new purchases tab in your profile? That might solve the problem for you.

05-13-2006 at 04:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
icon Re: Is it possible for me to get the SS holds I lost? (0)  
You're a scholar! I didn't know that existed. Thanks!
05-13-2006 at 04:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Well, it's new. But I'm glad it worked :)

05-13-2006 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Not quite worked. KDD stops in the same place every time, at 97% completed - 14,080,288 bytes of 14,124,204. The rest download OK.
05-13-2006 at 05:32 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
bandit1200 wrote:
Not quite worked. KDD stops in the same place every time, at 97% completed - 14,080,288 bytes of 14,124,204. The rest download OK.
I just tried downloading it here - while Firefox reported no error and showed the download as finished I also only got 14.080.288 bytes out of the 14.124.204 the HTTP headers sent by the server promised... :?

So you say it worked for the other holds, then? Strange...

np: Ms. John Soda - Outlined View (Notes And The Like)

05-13-2006 at 05:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
It imported OK, and plays OK, but the Neather might be missing in those last few bytes. :) But, I was a bit saddened that I have no saved games in the player file I imported from the laptop. I'm not looking forward to playing levels 8 and 13 again.
05-14-2006 at 08:12 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Fixed. This was another victim of the hold updating bug. :angry

05-15-2006 at 06:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
bandit1200 wrote:
It imported OK, and plays OK, but the Neather might be missing in those last few bytes. :) But, I was a bit saddened that I have no saved games in the player file I imported from the laptop. I'm not looking forward to playing levels 8 and 13 again.

Actually, 8 may not be that bad on the replay. I was dreading that, but.... well... the roach queen rooms in 7 gave me a harder time than anything in 8, this time around. :-O
In fact, 8 seemed downright easy

05-15-2006 at 06:50 AM
bandit1200
Schik wrote:
So what I got was actually the full file? Or so it appears after looking at the file size now.
05-15-2006 at 08:37 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
bandit1200 wrote:
Schik wrote:
So what I got was actually the full file? Or so it appears after looking at the file size now.
Yes. With this update, the file size actually went down slightly, while most other updates caused an increase in size. When the size goes up, part of the file is chopped off. When it goes down, it's not.

05-15-2006 at 01:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bandit1200
Beef Row wrote:
bandit1200 wrote:

Actually, 8 may not be that bad on the replay. I was dreading that, but.... well... the roach queen rooms in 7 gave me a harder time than anything in 8, this time around. :-O
In fact, 8 seemed downright easy
Yep, level 8 was finished in time for bed last night. Even 3S1E, which used to take me forever in Webfoot, was a walkthough.
05-16-2006 at 07:15 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Is it possible for me to get the SS holds I lost? (now that I don't have a Caravelnet subscription)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com