Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (Adventure)
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.2/10 (43 votes)
σ 2.22
Author Name:Pilchard VIII
Submitted By:Pilchard VIII
Hold Name:King Pilchard VIII\'s Dungeon
Theme:Adventure
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:20
Number of Rooms:159
Number of Monsters:3819
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+7 / -6)
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon Re: King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (+1)  
Oh, good, now I can remove the "1" rating I'd given the hold.

No, seriously, I hadn't changed my rating--but many thanks for fixing the backtracking/secret-room/etc bugs. Some random thoughts:

Click here to view the secret text

03-28-2007 at 02:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
icon Re: King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (-2)  
So it finally gets fixed by the highly generous hold admins and you still complain? There's no pleasing some people...
BTW. You do know that Cwazy Castle wasn't part of the official KPVIIID storyline

03-28-2007 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (0)  
Pilchard VIII wrote:
So it finally gets fixed by the highly generous hold admins and you still complain? There's no pleasing some people...
BTW. You do know that Cwazy Castle wasn't part of the official KPVIIID storyline

Hey, I said the same thing when I hit that room back when you first published the hold. It may not be part of the storyline, but it's part of the hold, and a checkpoint or three would have made the room much more fun to play.

Josh

03-28-2007 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Pilchard VIII wrote:

I have been defending you for this entire thread and all but good god can you try any harder to make a fool out of yourself?

Seriously, are you...TRYING to make people hate you here?
03-28-2007 at 10:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Pilchard VIII wrote:

Seriously, get over it. I'm not complaining about their fix to the hold; I'm extremely pleased that they fixed it. But I am complaining about the design of the hold, which I believe it's still my right to do.

Official storyline or not, behind a master wall or otherwise, my opinion is that that room was an Abomination Unto the Erik. I didn't change my rating of the hold, mind you, though I must admit I've somewhat changed my personal rating of the author...
03-29-2007 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
icon Re: King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (-1)  
Okay, okay. You think what you want. I have nothing to do with it. But please please can I ask everyone to stop bumping this thread? Every time I see this thread again, I automatically think "Oh jeez, what are they complaining about now?" This hold is behind me, and I really don't want to see it again.
So Tahnan, can you also try to, seriously, get over it? By the way, I still agree about your right to complain, but please can I ask to leave this hold alone?

03-29-2007 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Pilchard VIII wrote:
Okay, okay. You think what you want. I have nothing to do with it. But please please can I ask everyone to stop bumping this thread? Every time I see this thread again, I automatically think "Oh jeez, what are they complaining about now?" This hold is behind me, and I really don't want to see it again.
So Tahnan, can you also try to, seriously, get over it? By the way, I still agree about your right to complain, but please can I ask to leave this hold alone?

I don't actually think that's a reasonable request. The hold is out there, and people are going to play it. New people will find it, people intrigued by the fact that it's now masterable will come back and play it. They're going to comment.

Nobody's making you read the comments, though. Feel free to ignore posts to this thread.

03-29-2007 at 04:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Yup. Sorry, Pilchard, but one of the facts about publishing something is that once you do, it's out there, and it's no longer in your control what people say about it. As jbluestein said, if you're annoyed by this thread, just stop reading it.

03-29-2007 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Good morning! How much does that weigh?

Ham!

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 03-30-2007 01:50 AM]
03-30-2007 at 01:49 AM
Pilchard VIII
I'm unsure why, but I've got the urge to do a TCB remake of this hold.

04-02-2007 at 11:09 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
As long as the rooms are different, then I'm sure no one would mind. I certainly would LOVE to see one! :D
04-02-2007 at 04:13 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (+5)  
First you say one time after another that you *don't* care about the hold and want to forget it.

And now you're remaking it? ...okay!
04-02-2007 at 05:01 PM
Pilchard VIII
Well, there was loads of stuff in JtRH that I couldn't do in TCB. But now that it's out, I can use different methods to help the story and rooms along, eg. How did Halph end up in the castle? What did King Pilchard go through before meeting Beethro?

04-03-2007 at 09:18 AM
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
icon Re: King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (+2)  
Pilchard VIII wrote:
Well, there was loads of stuff in JtRH that I couldn't do in TCB. But now that it's out, I can use different methods to help the story and rooms along, eg. How did Halph end up in the castle? What did King Pilchard go through before meeting Beethro?

These sounds like ideas that would make a nice short prequel hold, actually, with some quick visits to 'work in progress' versions of a few of the best rooms, some extra challenges, a few flashbacks, and so on. That might be more appealing then playing through the whole thing again to find little changes here and there.

And more appealing than designing a big project like for fairly little payoff too.

04-03-2007 at 10:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Okay, seriously, Beef Row, you are a genius.

04-03-2007 at 12:03 PM
cbemom
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 36
Just finish this hold - it's going into my personal top ten favorites. Five for difficulty, nine for fun (sorry, don't give tens - yet).

I've missed one secret room on the castle challenges floor - still trying to figure out where...

Started the sequel to this, and it looks even better :thumbsup

edit: found it! Now I just need to conquer the blasted thing

[Last edited by cbemom at 04-07-2009 01:52 AM]
04-04-2009 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
adS
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 214
Erm, I have to say that I don't understand this discussion.

Probably because parts of it refer to different versions of the hold.

Does anybody know if if is now possible to find all the rooms without replaying the whole hold?

I have conquered the hold, but have finished 12 levels with 81 rooms only.

I have no idea what I have missed and can't find any secret rooms any more.

adS

07-11-2013 at 10:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
adS wrote:
Can't say I remember anything about this hold, but here is a list of all the scores you're missing. Maybe it helps.
07-11-2013 at 11:06 PM
adS
Doom wrote:
adS wrote:
Can't say I remember anything about this hold, but here is a list of all the scores you're missing. Maybe it helps.

Not at all.

However, the link looks interesting :)

Is there any documentation?

adS

07-11-2013 at 11:18 PM
Doom
adS wrote:
However, the link looks interesting :)

Is there any documentation?
It's one of those features that you find by going through all the tabs in your forum profile. Not sure if it's actually documented somewhere.

Missing scores for any hold are located at "High Scores" -> "My Stats", where the "Number of High Scores" column is clickable.
07-11-2013 at 11:35 PM
adS
I didn't know that.

Thank you.

adS

07-12-2013 at 12:23 AM
Page 5 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon (Adventure)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com