Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Speech mport bug in 2.0.14
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Danra
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Speech mport bug in 2.0.14 (+1)  
Hi,
I've got no speech in "Halph has a bad day" hold, in JTRH. I see only the subtitles.

I do have speech in the original hold and in the "Perfection" hold.

Any ideas?... -_-
Thanks

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-02-2006 06:57 PM]
05-01-2006 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Speech problem (0)  
Danra wrote:
Hi,
I've got no speech in "Halph has a bad day" hold, in JTRH. I see only the subtitles.

I do have speech in the original hold and in the "Perfection" hold.
This is an annoying bug that I just found out crept into version 2.0.14 unawares. The speech does work in earlier versions of the game, but in 2.0.14 dialogue loses its voice on hold import. I've fixed this problem and have posted a patch (2.0.14.1) to correct it.

I'm going to move this thread to the Bugs board tomorrow.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-02-2006 06:58 PM]
05-01-2006 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Danra
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Speech mport bug in 2.0.14 (0)  
Thanks!
05-06-2006 at 02:02 PM
bflatjeff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
icon Re: Speech import bug in 2.0.14 (0)  
Great. Patched up to 2.0.14.1.

Now, how do I go about reinstalling/updating/patching my installed versions of Halph Has a Bad Day, Beethro's Teacher, Perfection, etc.? I can't delete them from within the game, nor am I sure about being able to replace them if I were allowed to.

Jeff

07-19-2006 at 06:24 AM
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Go to your profile on the forum, and select the "purchases" tab. You should be able to download .hold files for all the SmS holds there, which you should be able to import into the game and get the voices. I think.

[Last edited by eytanz at 07-19-2006 08:22 AM]
07-19-2006 at 08:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
You can download them, you can try to import them, but I think it would just say that the hold being imported is the same as the current version.

Wasn't there supposed to be a patch that allows SmS holds to be deleted? Though that would erase progress as well, so it's not an ideal solution in this situation, because bflatjeff played though Halph Has a Bad Day already. (And surely made progress in the others as well)

Would it be possible to allow reimporting same version of a hold over an existing one (I'm guessing there's a good reason why you can't do it now)...?
07-19-2006 at 10:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Doom wrote:
Wasn't there supposed to be a patch that allows SmS holds to be deleted? Though that would erase progress as well, so it's not an ideal solution in this situation, because bflatjeff played though Halph Has a Bad Day already. (And surely made progress in the others as well)
Ah, but that's probably easily fixable by first exporting your player and then re-importing it after deleting and re-importing the holds...

07-19-2006 at 11:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bflatjeff
icon Re: Speech mport bug in 2.0.14 (+1)  
Doom wrote:
You can download them, you can try to import them, but I think it would just say that the hold being imported is the same as the current version.

This is indeed what happens. I couldn't replace holds I already have installed.

Luckily, I discovered I missed The Choice. So at least I have that to play next, and with voices thanks to the .1 patch. :thumbsup

07-19-2006 at 05:06 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
bflatjeff wrote:
Doom wrote:

This is indeed what happens. I couldn't replace holds I already have installed.

Luckily, I discovered I missed The Choice. So at least I have that to play next, and with voices thanks to the .1 patch. :thumbsup

You have two options: Wait it out, and in 2.0.15 you will be able to delete them.

OR

Export your progress, write down what holds you have, reinstall DROD, patch up, reimport the holds, then reimport your progress.

One is hard, one will require waiting.
07-19-2006 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bflatjeff
We'll just have to see how long it takes for the next patch. Otherwise, I might just have to get all computer-whizzy on this problem. Also, depends on how long The Choice stumps me.

I guess this just shows the opinion we have of the quality of the voice acting in the game. It's not just the cool puzzles, I appreciate the storytelling involved. Gotta have Beethro's gruff voice and Halph's annoying bantering.

07-20-2006 at 02:50 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Speech mport bug in 2.0.14
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No