Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ludum Dare #8 (Make a game in 48 hours! This weekend!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
IP: Logged
icon Ludum Dare #8 (+1)  
Ludum Dare #8, the make-a-game-from-scratch-in-48-hours competition, is this weekend! It starts at Local Time:04-29-2006 at 04:00 AM (localtime tag), which is in negative 939 weeks, 2 days!

Clicky: ludumdare.com

I participated in the last one, which was great fun, so I'm planning on giving this one a shot as well. So, I know this is exceptionally short notice, but are anyone else here planning to take part ? It's not too late to sign up!

- Gerry
04-28-2006 at 06:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
IP: Logged
icon Re: Ludum Dare #8 (+3)  
The theme was swarm -- not my favorite theme, but okay. In my game, you, as the Master of Fireflies, control a swarm of fireflies, making them burn your buddies' mushroom homes as revenge for them not inviting you to that party last week.

Screenshot:
Click here to view the secret text

Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish the game. It's not tuned right, missing some elements, etc. Still, it's playable.

But enough about me! Other people made some great games, and you should all be checking them out. I've only had time to test a few so far, but my favorite right now is called "7th Swarming of the Machines", which is a platform game in which you fly around in space, dodging swarms of platforms (machines) and collecting items.

The Ludum Dare site isn't open for non-members yet, but will be later. I'll make another post when it is.

- Gerry

[Last edited by trick at 05-02-2006 01:23 PM]
05-02-2006 at 12:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ludum Dare #8 (Make a game in 48 hours! This weekend!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com