Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : An odd thing happened on the way to the forum...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
IP: Logged
icon An odd thing happened on the way to the forum... (0)  
Well, it wasn't exactly on the way...BUT it has to do with the new red folder things. I think if you are in a section, and you've read all the posts, and somebody posts while you're still in the section, and you read it before you get out to the main screen, the folder on the main screen will be red, even though all folders in the section are marked as read. This has happened to me a couple of times now, and I thought it ought to be mentioned.

07-20-2003 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: An odd thing happened on the way to the forum... (0)  
It has been. Clicking the "mark all posts as read" link solves this problem.

"Oook!"
07-20-2003 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Yes, I know that, but sometimes there are other sections I want to read. And for the singular ones, I don't think it should be necessary to use them if all of them are read.

07-20-2003 at 07:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
The known bugs in the read post tracking are:
- Posting and then deleting can cause red folders that won't go away unless you "Mark all as read".
- Admins moving topics to different forums could screw up the read count as well.

I don't think I know of any other problems. I'm going to guess that zex's problem is more of a browser cache problem - hit reload on the main forum index page, see if the folders are still wrong.

07-20-2003 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
zex20913
Yes, I reloaded the page, and the folders still show up incorrectly. (Sorry for the delay, didn't have much testing ops.) I went back to the section again, and then back to the homepage, again, and it was still red. This happened in the Development area, but it's happened in Feature Requests and Bugs too.

07-21-2003 at 09:45 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : An odd thing happened on the way to the forum...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com