Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lost Temple : Temple 4 : 1 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
vAmpir
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 27
IP: Logged
icon Lost Temple : Temple 4 : 1 North (0)  
OK, again this is the last room in the level and I don't have any clue how to start. I tried different tactics but I don't see a way to kill more than 4 roach queens. Please, help meeeeee!!!
04-18-2006 at 10:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1912
icon Re: Lost Temple : Temple 4 : 1 North (0)  
This is the order I killed them.
Click here to view the secret text

Tell me if you need more hints.
04-18-2006 at 02:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I did it in this order on the first time: (Just informing that there are multiple ways to approach it) Still, I think that Larrymurk's solution is probably quite a bit easier. (I just improved my old solution by 56 moves with it and took a lot less time to finish the room)

04-18-2006 at 02:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vAmpir
Rank Points: 27
Thanks this was enough :)
04-18-2006 at 04:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
redfish
Rank Points: 19
I hate to give up, but could someone post a demo for this room, or point me in the right direction (though I think it's just subtle roach manipulation I'm failing on).

I've tried the room both ways (Larry's and Doom's) and in Larry's I get stuck

In Doom's way, I get stuck

Great hold though Larry! I'm super frustrated, which is just how it should be.
04-21-2006 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
redfish,

I think the problem is that it might be easier to work from the far edge of the "mouth" then along the bottom edge of the mouth. You probably don't wantto be hanging out near the "nose". I'll be happy to post a demo tonight from my other computer if needed.
04-21-2006 at 06:55 PM
redfish
Rank Points: 19
I think the problem is that it might be easier to work from the far edge of the "mouth" then along the bottom edge of the mouth. You probably don't wantto be hanging out near the "nose". I'll be happy to post a demo tonight from my other computer if needed.

Hi Larry,

thanks for the suggestion. I'm still a bit stuck though...I tried that route before, and again after you suggested it, but I keep getting stuck to the right of the three middle teeth (the ones that are all aligned). I'm either overwhelmed by roaches or I can't get rid of them fast enough to progress.
04-21-2006 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk

File: LT Temple 4 1N Victory.demo (2 KB)
Downloaded 87 times.
License: Public Domain
Here's a demo.
04-22-2006 at 12:50 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lost Temple : Temple 4 : 1 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com