Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Battles of Norghan (Fantasy turn-based strategy game)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MitorahGames
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Battles of Norghan (+1)  
Greetings,

I'm the lead developer of the game and I was indirectly asked to post about the game here so here we go.

Battles of Norghan is a unique fantasy turn-based strategy game with RPG and team managing elements. You recruit mercenaries of 22 different fantasy races and many classes to fight for your clan from one turn-based battle to another in divisions and cups while training, teaching spells and buying equipment from a very broad selection for the clan's mercenaries.

For more information, check out http://www.battlesofnorghan.com.

Go to http://www.battlesofnorghan.com/screenshots.htm for screenshots. Click here to download the demo.

I can answer your questions and listen to your suggestions here.

[Last edited by MitorahGames at 03-27-2006 04:30 PM]
03-27-2006 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bombadil
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 522
icon Re: Battles of Norghan (0)  
WOW!

These days we are reciving loads of "spam"...
03-27-2006 at 05:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
If someone is asked to post here, then I don't think it really qualifies as spam.

03-27-2006 at 05:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
I asked some indie developers to post about their games and set some criteria for doing it so that it wouldn't be spammy. The idea was that people here might want to talk to the authors of games. But maybe I'm trying too hard, and I should just let these things happen naturally.

-Erik

03-27-2006 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
maybe you should make some make a topic for developers to 'spam' their games, thus making it a bit clearer.
03-28-2006 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Sigh.

What I had hoped for was that authors would come to the board and start some conversations about their games that were more than just a one-way announcement of the availability of their games and what features the game has. So you know, you could go play Battles of Norghan or whatever, and comment on the music in the game or ask the developer why he didn't use a board of hexes and stuff like that.

The Norghan post has got that stilted copy-and-paste feel which makes it seem like the one-way announcements I wanted to avoid. But I can't force the conversational style I hoped for. If my idea doesn't work and just irritates people, then I won't ask developers to come post here. There's no point in making a "spam" or "announcement" topic since it doesn't add any value to the forum.

-Erik

03-28-2006 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MitorahGames
Yep seems like the people here rather find their games on their own. :rolleyes

It felt a bit weird to just start a thread talking about a game which no-one here probably knows, without using a well thought out introduction to the game.

03-28-2006 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 522
Oh, I didn't mean to say it harshly (?) or anything like that.

I like trying new indie games and I think it's great they can post here. I just found a little bit surprising that in a few days there has been some of these posts.

Yep seems like the people here rather find their games on their own
Not at all. Indie games need a little more help to be known by people.

If someone makes a post about her/his game and she/he stays a while replying peoples questions/comments then it's totally ok.
03-29-2006 at 01:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I really prefer checking games that were pointed by active members of the forum over advertisements like this one. A bunch of links just won't cut it, we want to see stuff like "It plays like (other game), only different in (this area)" and "(this aspect) of the game is weak, but it compensates with excellent (other aspect)".

PS: 22 races? You gotta be kidding. Any RPG with over 10 races tends to be either imbalanced or lacking in the roleplaying area. WoW has only 8 races, and even that feels like too many sometimes...

03-29-2006 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Battles of Norghan (+4)  
Cripes, people, lower your freaking weapons. Erik's gone out of his way to help promote indie developers, and if we have to read through a few threads *GASP, SHOCK, HORROR* in one of the deadest subforums on Caravel in the process, so be it.

Honestly.
03-29-2006 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MitorahGames
There's a lot more work per race in WoW. The 22 races doesn't seem THAT high once you know what the game is all about. There haven't been any suggestions or complains about race balance in our forums, either and a lot has been discussed there.
03-30-2006 at 05:35 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Battles of Norghan (Fantasy turn-based strategy game)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com