Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Deep Hold : Level Nine - Behind Their Defences : 3 South, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
redfish
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged
icon Deep Hold : Level Nine - Behind Their Defences : 3 South, 2 East (0)  
Can someone help me with this room? The unpredictable (at least to me) movement of the wraiths AND the snake is driving me crazy! Honestly, I usually try to avoid demos, but I could really use one here.

Edit: Got it right after post. Whew, what a frustrating room!

[Last edited by redfish at 01-26-2006 07:20 PM]
01-26-2006 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Judi
Rank Points: 17
icon Re: Deep Hold : Level Nine - Behind Their Defences : 3 South, 2 East (0)  
Well I haven't so could really use some good tips or demo please, not enjoying this level as much as the others but that is not the fault of the level, it is mine, but honestly, besides my frustration with this level I am loving the hold so far. Thanks
Judi
07-04-2008 at 06:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Judi
Rank Points: 17
OK, same thing just happened to me, thanks anyway.

Judi
07-04-2008 at 06:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Johno758
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
It's been a lot of years since anything was on this thread but I am seriously frustrated and stuck here. Any help would be very much appreciated

11-01-2020 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
The only advice I have is to focus on the wraithwings and don't worry about the snake, other than avoiding it. If you don't get an opportunity to kill it somewhere along the way, you can deal with it when you're down to one wraithwing.

Basically, kill wraithwings when you get a chance, try to retreat towards open space, and it should be fine after a little while.
11-01-2020 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Johno758
Dragon Fogel wrote:
The only advice I have is to focus on the wraithwings and don't worry about the snake, other than avoiding it. If you don't get an opportunity to kill it somewhere along the way, you can deal with it when you're down to one wraithwing.

Basically, kill wraithwings when you get a chance, try to retreat towards open space, and it should be fine after a little while.

That is what I have been attempting to do but no matter where I enter from I am overwhelmed with them. I have managed to get down to about 12 on one occasion

EDIT
So 2 weeks later and still no joy with this despite trying for around an hour each day. Does anyone have any other advice such as entry point or direction, or better still a demo sitting around :(

[Last edited by Johno758 at 11-14-2020 07:26 PM]
11-01-2020 at 08:05 PM
Johno758
Anyone? -_-
01-10-2021 at 08:05 PM
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430

File: DH Level Nine - Behind Their Defences 3S2E Victory.demo (29.4 KB)
Downloaded 26 times.
License: Public Domain
Well, I can't really add any further advice than my previous post, so here's a demo.
01-10-2021 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Johno758
Dragon Fogel wrote:
Well, I can't really add any further advice than my previous post, so here's a demo.

Thank you. Very much appreciated. I can now move on :D
01-13-2021 at 08:40 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Deep Hold : Level Nine - Behind Their Defences : 3 South, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com