Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest (A Turn based Puzzle/Strategy game..)
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon Re: WonderQuest (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
Okay, I need a hint for 4:2e, the last room of level 4. My "progress" before I get stuck:

Click here to view the secret text

-Erik

You're on the right track, but you've missed one thing:

[Last edited by TripleM at 11-16-2005 08:47 PM]
11-16-2005 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
A couple more bugs/questions:

1) If I have conquered a room, and want to go back to see it unconquered (eg to help Erik out :D), how do I do that? The only way I can see is to click around randomly in the map until you discover a point where you hadn't conquered that room, then work your way from that point to the room, which could take a while especially if there are unconquered rooms in between. Does one of the ctrl/alt/shift/something + R buttons do that?

2) In 3rd level, 1E1N, something funny happens. Once the yellow doors have dropped, try walking onto the squares where they were. The squares in the same line as the pressurepad-doors act as if they had the pressurepad-door on them as well - so if you try to walk onto those squares, even though they look empty, it won't let you until those adjacent pressure-doors drop. Somethings wrong there.
11-16-2005 at 08:58 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
I have found an screenshot of some leveleditor like thing, but when will this baby be out? I click on it and it doesn't work.

But do i have permission to play it?

Jut to be sure...

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 11-16-2005 10:05 PM]
11-16-2005 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
googa,

i hope to receive my PM today. I'm being waiting since Monday for that.

BTW, why is no one posting here?

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-17-2005 at 10:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: WonderQuest (+1)  
Hello,

First of all, I think I will make all the game levels, thanks Jeff for your help; I will release a version with the editor some day.

Erik, I did read your email, and I just ask for a bit of time to answer it, because I’m a lot busy in my job, thanks a lot for your help.

The Exit Level problem is fixed, and the fps limit removed, now you can walk really faster.

I have a question, does any newbie played it? Case positive, please describe for us your experience, I want to know how hard it is for beginners.

Anyone finished the timer quest?

About the archer x Jax balance: Jax has a good special for fighting, you could easily run away from monsters. Some characters have their strength on fighting, others on puzzle solving, And in my opinion this kind of game need to be linear to be fun, its not a good idea things like gaining experience, or to be free to choose a hero to fight with. The puzzle needs to have few or only one way to be solved, and this only one way must be cool. There is a Longbowman that shots farther, but can't atack monsters that are too close.

I’m currently working on the fifth level in my free time, with some rooms that need to be reentered several times to be conquered. Example: You enter in a room, conquer a small puzzle and change your character to the archer. Go back to another room and kill some monsters that you couldn’t before, this allows you to change to he priest (the priest is not detected by eyes) and then you come back to the other room and use the priest ability to get another hero, etc.. It’s like one big puzzle using several rooms. There’s a new hero on the fifth level. There are, until now, 11 levels completed, but some puzzles need to be removed, and some levels are still missing one or other room.

[Last edited by googa at 11-18-2005 01:59 AM]
11-17-2005 at 09:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
What you mean by someday? Or should i say, when?

I'd like to see how you make your level editor...

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

11-17-2005 at 09:37 PM
TripleM
googa wrote:
Anyone finished the timer quest?

Yeah, I managed to do it. Will be interesting to see what reactions you get if you put a timer in the main set of levels though, it is a completely different style of play..
11-17-2005 at 09:52 PM
Andy101
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 222
I apologise for repeating myself, especially if you read my earlier post, but I think that you may have missed it. As it involves a bug that causes the game to crash I thought I'd repost just in case:

Andy101 wrote:
I have found a bug on level 2 1n1e that appears to cause the game to crash, on my computer at least. If you stand in the entrance at the south and let the balls come towards you until they crush you then if you are standing on the left side of the passage you will die and then restart in the previous room (this sounds a bit buggy but may be intended). However if you stand in any of the other three bottom squares of the passage then when the ball pushes against you the games will crash :?

11-17-2005 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Thanks for the bug man. I love bugs that you can fix with only one line of code.

The Editor will be released only after the final version.

The idea behind the timer door is to make "impossible" challenges. There will be a level that all the rooms are optional. You may choose to conquer them, or to go directly to the exit. Each one these challenges must have just a few conquerors, or no one.

11-18-2005 at 12:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
There is a Longbowman that shots farther, but can't atack monsters that are too close

Oh, ok, in that case, I rescind my comment.

I’m currently working on the fifth level in my free time, with some rooms that need to be reentered several times to be conquered. Example: You enter in a room, conquer a small puzzle and change your character to the archer. Go back to another room and kill some monsters that you couldn’t before, this allows you to change to he priest (the priest is not detected by eyes) and then you come back to the other room and use the priest ability to get another hero

sounds fun.

Another thing I noticed on level 3 is that when looking at the map, it was a bit difficult to tell if I had conquered some of the rooms or not. Most of the rooms switch from dark green to bright green. However, there are a couple of rooms that don't have much or any of that green in them, so they don't change color when you conquer them.

11-18-2005 at 03:40 AM
Jeff_Ray...
icon Re: WonderQuest (-1)  
Why? Me, i'm somehow impatient when it's about level editors.

If i have to wait a LOOONG time, i can have many problems, such as CRAZY CAP LOCK posting, the "QUICK! RELEASE THE EDITOR" sick, etc.

Oh crap

i leave if it continues! Mod me up back, i was explaining!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 11-18-2005 08:28 PM]
11-18-2005 at 11:54 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Jeff_Ray... wrote:

If i have to wait a LOOONG time, i can have many problems, such as CRAZY CAP LOCK posting, the "QUICK! RELEASE THE EDITOR" sick, etc.

So, wait, why are you wanting to be a level builder for a game in beta, full of rough edges, again?

I'm going to go through and make notes as I play, but there are a few things I noticed when watching my Mum play DROD that probably apply here as well - lots of monsters in a room is seriously intimidating, even if killing them is straightforward.

11-18-2005 at 12:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Another thing I noticed on level 3 is that when looking at the map, it was a bit difficult to tell if I had conquered some of the rooms or not. Most of the rooms switch from dark green to bright green. However, there are a couple of rooms that don't have much or any of that green in them, so they don't change color when you conquer them.
You just have to move the mouse cursor over the room to check. Anyway, I think I will make the water darker on unconquered rooms.

[Last edited by googa at 11-18-2005 03:16 PM]
11-18-2005 at 03:13 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Jeff_Ray... wrote:

See, Matt, this is the sort of thing I legitimately express my confusion and infuriation towards.

Jeff, if there is /anything/ you are completely unknown for, I'd have to say patience would be it. As such, it seems reasonable that you wouldn't beta test things. To me, anyway, but maybe I'm crazy.
11-18-2005 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Ok now this is WonderQuest topic, not an flame war topic.

IF you want to talk of why i confuse you, do so in the flame war topic, which is not out until year 2832.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 11-18-2005 09:46 PM]
11-18-2005 at 09:25 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
You just have to move the mouse cursor over the room to check

Ok, I had tried that, but I had missed the text in the upper right hand corner saying conquered/not conquered. Its a bit difficult to see that message, especially if your concentration is on the rooms rather than on the periphery of the screen.

Butterflies are tough. But each room seems to have a trick to it. I especially liked L4 4S.

Question: Do they have to land on you, or can they pass over you and kill you? Sometimes it seems like they kill me when none of them are directly attacking me. However, it may be that an arrow pushed one into position. It can be quite difficult to predict their behavior in large groups.

[Last edited by stigant at 11-19-2005 01:05 AM]
11-19-2005 at 01:04 AM
TripleM
No, I'm pretty sure they have to land on you. As you said, it must have been one of the pushy-things that made it look different.
11-19-2005 at 01:37 AM
googa
The butterfly needs to land on you.

I rewrote the Butterfly movement code, and now it is really smarter. If she was in a square adjacent to the hero, she would stop moving. Now she always tries to find the best path, even if she is close to you. It's much more fun now, but all the rooms will need to be revised.

:w00t

[Last edited by googa at 11-22-2005 03:43 AM]
11-21-2005 at 04:27 PM
googa
icon Re: WonderQuest (+3)  
I'm currently working on Level 7, the "water world".
Some new screenshots:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/wonderquest/WonderQuest/sc9.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/wonderquest/WonderQuest/sc10.jpg

Any question/hints feel free to post here. I’m really busy and traveling a lot, so the answer may take some days.

11-22-2005 at 04:17 PM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
As soon as I find the time, I will have a go at this new game. Sounds good.
11-28-2005 at 09:06 PM
googa
icon Re: WonderQuest (+2)  
First of all, I want to thank Erik Hermansen and all the DROD.net staff for the help with Wonderquest. I will work the best I can to make this site yet better as a moderator. I came to sum.

I am working hard in the game. Actually, I’m using all my free time designing its campaign. Soon, a web page will be available with news about the development process, and other miscellaneous info about WQ.

Thanks for the guys that are sending emails trying to help. Keep sending them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some new screenshots, with updated graphics:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/wonderquest/WonderQuest/WQ4.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/wonderquest/WonderQuest/WQ3.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/wonderquest/WonderQuest/WQ2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/wonderquest/WonderQuest/WQ1.jpg

11-30-2005 at 04:28 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
I cant get it to work. I downloaded it, along with winRAR, but it says files are missing. Can anyone help?
11-30-2005 at 04:50 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
[Note: I've played the first version, so if something changed in the meantime then I'm sorry...]

I think it looks good, and it is refreshing after playing DROD.

There are some things I'm not too sure you meant that way though:

* If your sword is over a button, and you walk against a wall, then the orb is being hit again. But if you press wait, the orb is not hit again.

* Why can a "circle-with-arrow monster" push a box diagonally, but the player cannot?

* I think the timing quest is very unfair for people that have slow computers. In the time limit quest, my game is so slow that I can't even walk a room and back, so, until I buy a new PC, I can't finish any of those time limits rooms...

12-01-2005 at 01:31 AM
googa
I did them intentionally, Tim.

If you want to strike the orb, use the move buttons.

The new version is optimized, faster.

What is your PC spec?

PS: There is only one version uploaded. I will post here when the new version will be uploaded.

[Last edited by googa at 12-04-2005 01:59 AM]
12-03-2005 at 10:03 PM
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
Please i want to try it! vittro@aliceposta.it

12-04-2005 at 11:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
The beta, vittro, is avaible on the first page.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

12-04-2005 at 01:51 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
googa wrote:
The new version is optimized, faster.

What is your PC spec?
Sorry for missing your post. My PC is about AMD 1100+, and a really old GeForce card.

I will definitely try out the next version, although I'm a bit stuck in level 4 though. The first levels are certainly harder than the JtRH first levels.

12-05-2005 at 05:12 PM
googa
The game is slow because in this version you guys are playing there is a speed limiter, that is already removed.

PS: There is only one version uploaded, dont re-download it. All the changes that are being made will be released when the new version become stable enough.

12-05-2005 at 05:19 PM
Insane
Rank Points: 154
Hello,

If Zauberer is tranlating to german, i wanna help him.
Ich bin selbst deutsch und kann sehr gut Englisch und Deutsch scprechen.
I'm German myself.

Btw, U're looking for Website Developers?
I'm the head of "Reflex Web Development" (Link)

-Insane
12-06-2005 at 09:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Insane, I sent you a pm.

About Zauberer idea: The German version is great, but i think I'll finish the game first, and then, translate it to other languages.

Thanks.
12-06-2005 at 04:29 PM
Page 3 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : WonderQuest (A Turn based Puzzle/Strategy game..)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com