Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Blast Castle (Lots of Scripting and new JtRH elements)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

4.1/10 (20 votes)
σ 1.95
Author Name:Sims
Submitted By:sims5000
Hold Name:Blast Castle
Theme:Lots of Scripting and new JtRH elements
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:11
Number of Rooms:71
Number of Monsters:1013
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+1 / -1)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Blast Castle.hold (432.7 KB)
Downloaded 2279 times.
License: Other
icon Blast Castle  
story
You friend, Swick, invites you to a party at his Castle, when you get there its not what you expect.The monsters, led by the 38th slayer, have invaded the castle and imprisoned Swick, will you be able to save him?

I hope you like the hold!

-sims5000
05-10-2005 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Blast Castle (0)  
There doesn't seem to be any way to go any further than "The First Floor". The stairs in 3S end the hold.

05-10-2005 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 117
Ok, i'll update it, but updating is disabled at the mo
05-10-2005 at 08:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Ah... a new JtrH Hold (...) including script work and (funny) custom floors. I played the hold now till the first floor tower and the stair bug really annoys me..... The idea of rescuing your mate, a castle king is new I think and ok. I like the tar technican which annoys you all the time. The first levels are full of easy hack and slay. The Stick Mess Entrance in the first level is ####### :twak !
The Rattlesnake room in the first level is quite interesting due to the rattlesnake head left by the guard.... Overall nice and Ok this first part. Getting to the first floor (and farther in the debug mode) I discoverd some nice puzzles and puzzle rooms that consist of many small puzzles. A room I found very challenging was the roachqueen + roach + WUBBA room. The bonusses are good scatterd and contain funny pictures. Scripts work well expect you can sometimes get stuck when leaving the room to the wrong direction.

Fun : 6(-) (If bugs are removed I will maybe change to 7)
Difficulty : Raising from 2 to 6.... so.... 4

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:05-11-2005 at 08:24 PM]
05-11-2005 at 08:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
sims5000
Rank Points: 117
I've updated it, now you can go further than the first floor, it is better past there by the way...
06-30-2005 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
swann_88
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
I can't get out of the roof 1n 1w
the yellow door traps you in 1w

07-03-2005 at 11:50 PM
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
The Second Floor: Once South.

I could do with a little help here. I can't figure out how to kill the eyes on either the left or right before the long yellow doors get opened again by the bombs.
07-07-2005 at 12:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Blast Castle (+2)  
Unfortunately this hold, in its current state, is not solveable due to that exact room.
I assume swan_88 got to the roof on an older version in which case Schik's new spider should remove his/her high scores...

Disappointing, I know, as I found it a fun hold...

[EDIT]

Typo

[Last edited by Syntax at 07-07-2005 07:19 PM]
07-07-2005 at 07:18 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
The Tunnels, 2S, 1W:

Click here to view the secret text

Also, that room isn't solvable, but you can conquer the hold without it. Be more creative.

[Last edited by Banjooie at 07-08-2005 09:16 PM]
07-08-2005 at 07:27 PM
Mouse
Rank Points: 246
Actually Second Floor:1S is solvable.
I'm stuck in the same place as swann_88 for the same reason.
08-18-2005 at 09:34 PM
bandit1200
Mouse wrote:
Actually Second Floor:1S is solvable.

It is in previous versions of JtRH (definitely in 2.0.5, not sure about 2.0.7) as the orb isn't touched by the bombs. If you have the latest updates and can still solve that room, please let us, or me at least, know how.
08-20-2005 at 11:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
AFAICS, that level is impossible in 2.07+...
08-22-2005 at 12:06 AM
zaubberer
Rank Points: 251
...does somebody know, why this hols is impossible in some versions?

i updated to 2.10 today and i will try to go through the roof again. hope it worx...

zaubberer

:wizard

[Last edited by zaubberer at 10-04-2005 09:50 AM]
10-04-2005 at 09:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Blast Castle (+1)  
The hold is impossible because it has a room which relied on buggy behavior to be solvable. When the bug was fixed, the room became impossible.

The room is still impossible in 2.0.10. No patch will make the hold possible again - it will only become possible if someone corrects the hold file.

10-04-2005 at 09:56 AM
bandit1200
subkel wrote:
Are there plans to fix it?

Possibly not. Sims5000 hasn't posted on the board for 2 months and hasn't posted in this thread for 4 months.

If you don't mind starting over, there is an anyone edit version here.

A while back, someone suggested holds which can't be completed ought to be removed after a certain time, and if it wasn't possible to contact the author. After 4 months, I think the time is ripe for this one to be removed before any more players get disappointed.
10-28-2005 at 11:12 AM
Andy101
Rank Points: 222
As it appears that the creater is not going to fix this hold would it be possible to have a version fixed by someone else uploaded onto caravelnet to update the hold that is currently there? Or is this likely to fall foul of the new licensing scheme for attachments?

10-30-2005 at 12:36 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
This is a plea to Sims5000 to somehow fix this hold.

The killer bug of course is Floor 2: 1S being unsolveable and thus one can not complete the hold. You can conquer the hold using other stairs, but you can not play the entire hold because of this bug.

There are many minor bugs that it would be nice to fix as well.

I don't know whether you could replace the existing hold, but at worst you could post the revised hold as "Blast Castle Updated" or something.

Why go to all the trouble?
Because you put a lot of work into making what should be a very good hold, but is currently a problem hold.
11-16-2005 at 07:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
*bump* ?

Really enjoyed the hold until 1S...
04-11-2006 at 09:12 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
wallu wrote:
This room has been long impossible and there have been lot of asks for a fix for this hold. It is quite clear that sims500 won't correct this hold. So, I did some editing and corrected errors which prevented completing this hold. I did following changes in the three rooms:
Thanks! Fixed.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-09-2006 at 03:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
Rank Points: 42
How do I even get to the roof? I finish Level Two, step on the stairs, and I get a message congratulating me on conquering Blast Castle, and I'm back at the beginning. Is there a hidden entrance that I'm overlooking?

[Last edited by Kafka at 08-10-2006 02:06 AM]
05-19-2006 at 12:52 AM
Kafka
Rank Points: 42
Thank you. I have no excuse for missing that!

05-19-2006 at 11:01 AM
ChrisB
Rank Points: 58
Hi Guys/Gals

Have also been stumped on this room and note that alterations have been made. How can I access them? My downloaded hold is still impassable @ 1South.

Cheers
Chris

08-09-2006 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
Have you tried re-downloading the hold? It's possible that you might need to restore to the previous room after re-downloading, and then enter the formerly buggy one.

08-09-2006 at 11:29 PM
ChrisB
Rank Points: 58
Hikari wrote:
Have you tried re-downloading the hold? It's possible that you might need to restore to the previous room after re-downloading, and then enter the formerly buggy one.

Thanks Hikari - that worked. My previous downloaded hold said it was the updated one. Easy when you know how & have some kind help.

Cheers
Chris

08-10-2006 at 05:34 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
When the list says "updated" it means there's an update available, not that you have the updated version.

08-10-2006 at 05:35 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Blast Castle (Lots of Scripting and new JtRH elements) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com