Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Egg's Treasure Tower (My second hold.Not too hard.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.4/10 (18 votes)
σ 1.77
Author Name:egg egg
Submitted By:egg egg
Hold Name:Egg's Treasure Tower
Theme:My second hold.Not too hard.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:7
Number of Rooms:99
Number of Monsters:1173
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Eggs Treasure Tower.hold (24.2 KB)
Downloaded 2390 times.
License: Other
icon Egg's Treasure Tower  

02-02-2005 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Egg's Treasure Tower (0)  
Nice, but whats the difference between the two different downloads ? The have same size/monster/roomcount/levelcount ? :look
The codelock is great (and hackable) also nice lift room.

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:02-06-2005 at 12:32 PM]
02-06-2005 at 12:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
egg egg
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
The Two downloads are the same, and a complete mistake. One will be deleted shortly.

Also how long did it take you to hack?

02-06-2005 at 01:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
egg egg wrote:
The Two downloads are the same, and a complete mistake. One will be deleted shortly.

Also how long did it take you to hack?

8 Minutes to get the system
5 Minutes to get the right numbers
5 Minutes to get the order (6 numbers equals 6! = 720 posibilities but you doesnt have to try all.)

All in all about 20 minutes.
02-06-2005 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
egg egg
I hope you did the levels anayway, otherwise you are a CHEATER :angry

I will have to make my next hold even more devious.
02-06-2005 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
icon Re: Egg's Treasure Tower (+1)  
Is this a lesson in how to win and influence friends? :lol
02-08-2005 at 02:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
egg egg
bandit1200 wrote:
Yes, but don't tell anyone, otherwise you are stealing my ideas and that would make you a THEIF, as well as a cheater.:angry
Anyway, since when did you have any freinds to influence ;)
02-08-2005 at 03:27 PM
egg egg
Sorry about that last post. I was just a bit angry because I got stuck on KDD. Im sure you have lots of freinds really, and am quite impressed that you managed to hack it so quickly. You hear that? you areIMPRESSIVE!. I hope you didn't take any offence, ang good luck influencing yur freinds :D
02-09-2005 at 10:56 AM
bandit1200
am quite impressed that you managed to hack it so quickly
Hack? I never mentioned hacking anything. You'll find that was a different poster altogether, and as there's only one other poster in this thread besides you and me, it shouldn't be too hard to work out who it was.
02-10-2005 at 05:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
egg egg

File: NEW george evil.WMA (68.5 KB)
Downloaded 183 times.
License: Other
Ahhhhhhhh now I see. Meck Meck hacked it, and Bandit made a comment that i can't understand :P You both have freinds to influence. Sorry you two.
P.S. Vote for my evil voice.

02-10-2005 at 03:35 PM
MeckMeck GRE
bandit1200 wrote:

Hää ? Was solln dat heißen ?

:? ??? :unsure ??? :~( ???

Who influences who ? Sorry, eggegg, the treasure tower is quite difficult, but now Im almost finished stage 5.

@ Bandit : What do you mean ?

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:02-11-2005 at 06:18 PM]
02-11-2005 at 06:17 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I think there is some confusion over the definition of "hacking". I believe that MeckMeck was referring to cracking a code, perhaps without following some other clues as he was supposed to? And bandit1200 thought that he meant "hacking" as in computer hacking. I think just a case of misunderstandings.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-11-2005 at 07:05 PM
bandit1200
Actually, my first post was in reference to Egg Egg calling Meck Meck a cheat without actually knowing whether all rooms had been completed or not. It may have been a tongue in cheek comment, but it didn't read that way. There was no confusion over the hacking part, other than that Egg Egg was confused over who had said it.

All that aside, I enjoyed the hold, especially as, for reasons best kept to myself, this is the first one I have been able to complete for some months, and that means a lot to me.
02-12-2005 at 11:00 AM
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Good game, but how do I clear Floor 4, 1N 1E, I can`t see how to manage 4 goblins. Give me a hint.Please. Are there a pace for hints for this level.?

02-17-2005 at 05:42 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
In general, when handling goblins in the open (ie no 1 or 2 square corridors), I try to place myself in one of two positions:
Next to a wall with my sword 45 degrees away from the wall, with the goblins in front of me.
One square away from a wall with my sword parallel to the wall, goblins in front of me.

Try that in this room and see if one of the goblins doesn't trip over himself.

02-17-2005 at 06:20 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
I found this hold to be on the easy side.

It also has the fun concept of searching for "treasure" rooms.

06-01-2005 at 12:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NightTwister
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
i need help on cracking the tresaure room west of entrance i am having problems with it plz help

04-30-2006 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
michthro
Level: Smitemaestro
Rank Points: 679
icon Re: Egg's Treasure Tower (+1)  
If you need help on a room, you can go to the "Hints and Solutions" board, click on "Search/New Topic", Select the hold, level and room you're having trouble with, and click "submit". If there are already some hints for that room, look there, and post a reply if you need more help. Otherwise, start a new thread for that room.
05-01-2006 at 10:57 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Egg's Treasure Tower (My second hold.Not too hard.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com