Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Tackers Tomb (My Second Episode. Nice and a little more difficult.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

4.9/10 (14 votes)
σ 2.10
Author Name:Daniel
Submitted By:MeckMeck GRE
Hold Name:Tackers Tomb
Theme:My Second Episode. Nice and a little more difficult.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:4
Number of Rooms:32
Number of Monsters:350
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Tackers Tomb.hold (13.4 KB)
Downloaded 2122 times.
License: Other
icon Tackers Tomb  
My Second Episode. Nice and a little more difficult.

2 years ago you breaked of the kings jail. When the kings agents appeared in front of your house you thought. Not again ! Taking your sword and a automatic riffle you went outside. As the agents see you they called "Stop !" We dont want to catch you. Our king has been captured and thrown into a old tomb. We know it since yesterday. The king on the throne now who put you in jail years ago is just a double of the old merciful king. We need your help. Your a good dungeon fighter we know. Rescue him

Reviwes :

Rowrow : Very good so far.. (bugfree)

Tacker tacker klapper Mülleimer

AND : Do not kill the eye-smilie at the end and look for bonus rooms.
01-04-2005 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Tackers Tomb (0)  
I went through it a second time and I found
Click here to view the secret text
secret rooms. :D Is that all?

01-04-2005 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
Umm.. I noticed that you'd had a public beta in the Architecture forum, but you didn't wait for very long before releasing your hold.

Next time, I'd wait until several people have had time to play the hold before releasing it. That way, you'll give people more time to find trivial solutions and bugs.

I've found a trivial solution in L1 3S 1E, for you don't need any mimics to survive the hordes, as the pits you generate will block attack if you get behind them, and you also...

So far, it's an okay hold; not particularly challenging or innovative, but reasonable.

01-04-2005 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Tackers Tomb (+1)  
Update tomorrow. Thanks for the 8/10 Rating !
01-04-2005 at 07:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Did you get the update I sent to you.? Oh yeah and I forgot I found that one Wesley. so all you have to do is change one of the walls by the green door to a green door. And take away the mimics in the trapdoor room.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:01-04-2005 at 08:23 PM]

01-04-2005 at 08:17 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
Update tomorrow. Thanks for the 8/10 Rating !
I'm sorry to say it, but to be honest, I hadn't finished the hold at the time of posting, so that's not my vote.

I have finished it now, however, and my opinion is that it is better than your last hold, but perhaps a little less difficult overall.

Perhaps a little more work could have gone into the puzzles to make them more interesting, but it's still a reasonable play nevertheless. Try playing some user holds and more of KDD (if you haven't finished it) to get ideas for how to make a better hold, or visit the Architects' Toolkits for articles on tips for hold building if you decide to make another.

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:01-04-2005 at 08:32 PM]

01-04-2005 at 08:31 PM
cbemom
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 36
I rather enjoyed this hold - nice easy brain break.

01-06-2005 at 03:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Updated that crappy trapdoor room. If room is completet you can

01-06-2005 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734

File: TT The tomb 1N2E Victory.demo (694 bytes)
Downloaded 158 times.
License: Other
This is the 1 North 2 East in the tomb. This level is very easy, just look at the replay.

By the way, i really enyojed this hold(Maybe because this is the first hold which I manageed to Finish:) )

01-14-2005 at 04:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
I really enjoyed this hold. It was not difficult, fun, and the rooms were clean. I'm on to play the other 'Tackers' holds. Keep up the good work! :D

I gave the hold a 7, with 2.5 brains of difficulty.
01-05-2007 at 12:39 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Nothing very complicated but it introduces a couple of puzzles that aren't immediately obvious: like using a roach to block a serpent's head or things like that. This would be a good hold for beginners to play and was mostly enjoyable.

The attempt at a story-line was good and I liked the "two boss" ending, it made it feel more "Tomb-y"

06-22-2011 at 06:42 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Tackers Tomb (My Second Episode. Nice and a little more difficult.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com