Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Anyone heard about the Homeworld series? (Homeworld 1, Cataclysm and 2?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
HSE
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
IP: Logged
icon Anyone heard about the Homeworld series? (0)  
Hey all, anyone heard about this series? It's a real-time strategy game which (in my opinion) works well after some DRODing (hey, DROD is out of this world so you'll need a spaceship to get back to Earth again!). If anyone else knows anything about it, post here. Maybe I can play you or something :P

Note: This is my first post on this new board. If this is not the intended purpose of this board, then please either delete or move my topic to another board. I'm very bad with new board (as I'm sure the folks on The Site and Bugs are aware of O:-)
12-17-2004 at 10:32 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: Anyone heard about the Homeworld series? (0)  
My friend has both of them but it just seems like another space game...I'm not sure I like them all that much.
12-17-2004 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
You're on the right board, no worries.

At first I thought you were talking about the Gateway game, which is based off of a series of science fiction books that I like, but then I remembered that Gateway was an adventure game and I remembered the Homeworld you are referring to, which was a strategy game. And I in general really suck at the real-time ones. So, I know of it, but I've never played it. :)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-17-2004 at 11:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Onieromancer. Actually, this game seems especially unsuited for me, as it's not only real-time but it's 3D. I really suck at thinking three-dimensionally...

12-18-2004 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
Got Homeworld2, but it barely runs on my AMD700 Gforce2 mx...

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
12-18-2004 at 08:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
I quite liked Homeworld, although I didn't end up getting very far. It's 3d, but they thankfully don't do multi-directional dogfights or anything like that.

Matt

12-21-2004 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Anyone heard about the Homeworld series? (Homeworld 1, Cataclysm and 2?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com