Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS - Master wall not unlocking
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
enzi666
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
IP: Logged

File: Enzi_TSS_2022_2.player (2.4 MB)
Downloaded 38 times.
License: Public Domain
icon TSS - Master wall not unlocking (+2)  
Hey!

I'm replaying TSS on Steam. Mainly because I really wanted to again but also because my savegame got screwed/lost and the cloud save wasn't up to date.

Now I've finished everything but the master wall still hasn't unlocked. Either I'm missing something or I'm running into some kind of bug.

I've checked every level, secret on restore. Done every RCS, rooted hold, bonus level, arky rooms in one go. Every map icon has a green flag. I have no idea what's possibly missing.

Can anyone look at my player export and help me with it?
Thanks a lot!

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered

[Last edited by enzi666 at 11-21-2022 05:23 PM : reuploaded the player file without a caravel key]
11-21-2022 at 03:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 597
icon Re: TSS - Master wall not unlocking (0)  
I would probably remove the attachment as you've got your CaravelNet stuff in there!

Also, you can see from the Change Location screen that you have 98% secrets. The door will drop once this is 100% - you'll know when this has happened because you'll get a big flashing 'Hold Mastered' message.

Unfortunately I can't help you find exactly where that secret is... I looked through and it appears that all of your levels have 100% secrets conquered (but I might've missed something). I haven't mastered TSS myself so I'll have to defer to others on this one, there might be a sneaky other level that you've missed.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-21-2022 at 07:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: TSS - Master wall not unlocking (+2)  
I had a quick look through the Restore screen and confirmed no missing levels or secrets in that display. I suspect it's just a glitch and re-conquering one specific "unconquered" secret room should drop the wall, but figuring out which secret is being considered unconquered is beyond what I can do by eyeballing the .player file -- I suspect it would need someone who's actually got/written a tool to look at the active databases and line things up.

(I vaguely remember something like this happening to me when I first imported from the Caravel version into the Steam version -- I think I went the trial-and-error route.)

[Last edited by Tuttle at 11-21-2022 09:36 AM]
11-21-2022 at 08:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
enzi666
icon Re: TSS - Master wall not unlocking (0)  
navithmastero wrote:
I would probably remove the attachment as you've got your CaravelNet stuff in there!

Oh didn't think of that. When I remove the Caravel key and then export again it should be good, right?

Anyway, thanks for taking a look at my player file.

I can think of 3 options now:
- reconquer every secret room, in hopes it fixes it
- waiting for someone with the necessary tools to find out which room hasn't been flagged - the last time "Moo" fixed my savegame when I had a broken savegame from upgrading to a new TSS version
- compile DROD from source and try to debug the cause of the master wall not unlocking

11-21-2022 at 04:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
enzi666
icon Re: TSS - Master wall not unlocking (+4)  
It was indeed a bug and I found the missing secret room.
Constructs Warehouse: 1W

The restore screen showed me the wrong info. It said the room was conquered but the data wasn't in the savegame for it. I also had no demo for it.

I found this out with compiling DROD and hunting for what's going on. CDbHolds::GetSecretsDone does an intersect with roomsExplored.intersect(stats.secretRooms); so I got the missing roomID. Then I added a roomID output to the restore screen and clicked through every secret room until I found it.

My savegame is still attached. It would be cool if the bug in the restore screen can be fixed. I have no idea how to do that though, so no PR from me. :P

11-23-2022 at 02:07 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : TSS - Master wall not unlocking
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com