Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Roll of the Dice's Cottontail (Shameless self-promotion once again)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Lucky Luc
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1215
IP: Logged
icon Roll of the Dice's Cottontail (+1)  
Hey DRODfolk, long time no see! Once again, I'm here for some shameless self-promotion before disappearing back into lurker limbo.

My girlfriend and I made a game for the GMTK game jam this year. It's pretty puzzly. I thought you guys might like it.

Roll of the Dice's Cottontail

I think there's still a lot of untapped potential here. Maybe we'll keep working on the game after the jam. Maybe not. Anyway, hope you enjoy!
07-18-2022 at 06:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175

File: cottontail.jpg (49 KB)
Downloaded 260 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Roll of the Dice's Cottontail (+1)  
It's not displaying correctly on my computer:

Click here to view the secret text

Firefox 102.0.1, Windows 10 Home (21H1)

Chrome seems to work correctly.

[Last edited by Kalin at 07-18-2022 03:22 PM]
07-18-2022 at 03:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
icon Re: Roll of the Dice's Cottontail (0)  
Oh no :( Yeah, I probably should have tested that. Probably a simple fix, but probably something I'm not allowed to do for a week, as the jam rules don't allow modifying the game during the voting period.
07-18-2022 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Big props for the idea and execution! Would've been a good idea also to list the controls in description, because once you're in the game it's a bit too late :).

Unfortunately it makes my head smoke, I generally have problems with games with manipulating objects in space (Stephen's Sausage Roll and such) but Rubik's Cubes are another level of "oh no" for me.

Anyway I got stuck on level 3 and work needs to be started so I'll see about attempting that stage again later :D.

07-19-2022 at 06:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1527
From my own time playing it, I felt a little bit "thrown in" from the first level onward, and got lost as to what would be good strategies pretty quickly. Maybe it'd be better if things could start small and try to guide the player a little more on how to do things, such as maybe starting with a 2x2x2 and a fairly large set of options that will succeed instead of going straight for the 3x3x3?

The art is all quite good, though.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 07-19-2022 08:45 PM]
07-19-2022 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
icon Re: Roll of the Dice's Cottontail (0)  
Thank you both for checking out the game! Yeah, we're getting a lot of feedback on the jam as well that the difficulty curve is too steep at the moment. My girlfriend being a bit into speedcubing and me having been coding weird rotational vector math stuff (one day I'll learn about those weird quaternions) for like 20 of the last 48 hours at that point probably led to both of us slightly underestimating how difficult the puzzles would be. At the moment, we're very tempted to continue working on the game post-jam and ease the difficulty curve a bit more.
07-20-2022 at 06:52 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Roll of the Dice's Cottontail (Shameless self-promotion once again)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com