Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD2.0 L20:2N challenge "Who Needs All These Buttons?" not working
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Machu
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon KDD2.0 L20:2N challenge "Who Needs All These Buttons?" not working (0)  

I'm running the Steam version, the title screen says it's version 5.1.0.6545 . Challenges done previously on Level 20 worked fine, also giving the Steam achievement, but for some reason the room in the title isn't awarding it. The Steam description is "Don't close the doors around the room with the scroll while clearing the room", and the ingame scroll says "CHALLENGE: Don't strike the northern orb." I most certainly cleared the room multiple times without striking that orb, but it's not awarding.

EDIT: I then went on to L20:1N2W and got the challenge "Outsmart the Brains!" just fine. Then went right back to this room to do the challenge again, and wasn't awarded it again. So it's not like I can't get challenges. This one either doesn't work or I'm misunderstanding the challenge, but "don't strike the northern orb, then clear the room" seems pretty straightforward. It doesn't say "strike no orbs", it doesn't say "don't let roaches enter the room with the scroll".

[Last edited by Machu at 03-07-2022 06:45 AM]
03-07-2022 at 06:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: KDD2.0 L20:2N challenge "Who Needs All These Buttons?" not working (+1)  
I recall submitting a fix for a scripting bug with this challenge, but I don't know if the fixed version was ever uploaded.

Try waiting one turn after killing the last monster. Does it award then?

03-07-2022 at 03:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Machu
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: KDD2.0 L20:2N challenge "Who Needs All These Buttons?" not working (0)  
Alright, I tried other things and finally got the challenge awarded! I got it when I placed the last mimic next to the brain, but sword turned. Killing the last monster with a sword turn awarded the challenge.

I think before, I was always placing the last mimic such that its sword spawned on the brain to kill it instantly. Perhaps that's the cause of the bug; killing the last monster with mimic's spawn.

Still needs a bugfix, though!-_-
03-07-2022 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
icon Re: KDD2.0 L20:2N challenge "Who Needs All These Buttons?" not working (0)  
Machu wrote: Perhaps that's the cause of the bug; killing the last monster with mimic's spawn.

That's correct. Double placement happens last within a turn, so if you kill the last monster with a double placement, scripts can't take notice until the next turn. In this case, if you are already on the green door on the next turn, the script thinks something is wrong and doesn't award the challenge.

As I said, I have fixed the script to take account of this case, but it seems like at least the Steam version hasn't been updated yet. :(

03-07-2022 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD2.0 L20:2N challenge "Who Needs All These Buttons?" not working
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com