Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bongthro Begins : Research Lab : 1 South, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Kai
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged
icon Bongthro Begins : Research Lab : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
hello

im am entering this room from the north.

i think the yellow door to the west should open automatically, but i doesnt.

probably some scripting error, or do i miss something?

anyway, i was wondering if there is a possibility to edit the savegame to change the player coordinates on the current map.
my plan is to put beethro next to the door, then edit the save.dat in a way, that beethro is standig two tiles west after reloading.

I assume it is somewhere in "save.dat", but so far i was not lucky to find anything within this file.

01-17-2022 at 08:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Bongthro Begins : Research Lab : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
Looking through the hold, it looks like you need to go through the Torture Chamber level to get to the other side of this room.
01-17-2022 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Johno758
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: Bongthro Begins : Research Lab : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
Just wondering whether this room has to be completed as part of the process of completing Torture Chambers?
I have done all the rooms in Torture Chamber and have the message saying that it must be completed to progress. By backtracking this room is the only one I haven't completed and I'm totally stumped with it anyway. I have been trying to do it intermittently for several months and I am now getting frustrated.
Could anyone please tell me a solution for this room or where I need to be to finish Torture Chambers
07-03-2022 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 185
You get to the south entrance of this room from Prison Core.
07-03-2022 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
I don't remember the progression through this hold very well, but there's an NPC behind the green door in this room and you have to clear it to get something from them.

My process for clearing this room was, basically:

Click here to view the secret text

07-03-2022 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
As the author of the hold, I can say the strategy for the plot progression for anyone else stuck with it as well is:

You clear the Research Lab first, and then talk to the researcher/Negotiator stuck behind the door. Only after then, you have the key to the Prison Core beneath the Torture Chambers, where you return to the lab after finishing clearing it through the force arrow'ed entrance.

Then, an orb opens up a yellow door that allows you to escape the prison through the final level, which is sort of like a waste tunnels. After that, you are officially out of the prison.

07-06-2022 at 11:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Bongthro Begins : Research Lab : 1 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com