Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Power Token vs Beethro (aka the road less taken)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
IP: Logged
icon Power Token vs Beethro (+1)  
I'm not necessarily sure, if it's a proper idea, or a good place to post it. But I was thinking about something, and I feel like it would be a good idea for an eventual contest (or maybe an inspiration for some architect)

I keep forgetting that Beethro can bump into orb if he steps on the power token. And I thought - maybe I forget, because it's not used enough to make it deeply ingrained in my brain. What if we changed that?

I myself am more of a player than architect (someday I will become one, someday). But until then - what do you think about the puzzles where Beethro cannot use sword to touch the orb, because either oremites, or the disarm token, and has to rely on bumping? (I am also huge fan of the timing puzzles - the library / briars introduction level is one of my all-time favorite)

And to make things more interesting - what if there were puzzles that resulted in the constant arm/disarm for beethro and forced him to touch the orb from the specific direction? OR a room where a crucial orb is surrounded with oremites, and in order to bump it, he has to get to the power token in time, or the token is blocked by something else?

The possibilities are limitless, but my dream are puzzles that focus on the relation between disarmed beethro and orb.

What do you think? Meh, or huh?

And if you have other ideas, or suggestions in how to make it even more interesting, then I'm all ears. The crucial point is the power token, and utilizing it in order to make some interesting puzzles. And if there are holds already revolving around that - feel free to correct me!

[Last edited by Illusionist at 11-15-2021 01:36 PM]
11-15-2021 at 01:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Power Token vs Beethro (aka the road less taken)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com