Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Re: Latest Treacle Stew Progress (Everything's fine)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
IP: Logged
icon Re: Latest Treacle Stew Progress (+5)  
Hey there folks,

Just want to give a status update on Treacle Stew just so I'm not being real silent about it, and to give you all an idea as to where I'm at. The topic of the past advancement (83% to 84.5%) and this one in progress (84.5% to what looks like it'll be about 86%) is an art segment in the Post-Mastery level, created by yours truly.

It's something that I've had a bit of a combination of art-block and Generic Tiredness regarding, and although I have a lot of progress on it locally (about two scenes and some editing left to go), it's definitely been the kind of thing it's been hard to gather myself and really focus on, especially given the kinds of benign-but-tiresome stuff going on with my personal life lately (mostly just car inspection stuff, house organization, dealing with the changing conditions at my job, attending the Chess Club in-person instead of online).

So, it's been one of those frustratingly just-around-the-corner type deals where I kept telling myself, "Okay, THIS is the weekend I'll get this done", I make a Zeno-ian halfway bit of progress, it's Sunday evening, I tell myself "Well, maybe I can sneak in some work if I get home early on Wednesday or Thursday or something". You get the picture.

So, I just want to reassure you all that yes, the project is very much on my mind and it IS coming along. I don't apologize for the length of time it's taking, but I do apologize for not saying anything about it sooner. I assure you it'll be worth the wait and definitely worth keeping at it instead of just cutting it out. For those of you who appreciated the art annex in Finding the First Truth for what it was, rest assured there is more where that came from.

Thanks for bearing with me, and I look forward to giving a more substantial update about something more exciting. :)

08-17-2021 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
icon Re: Latest Treacle Stew Progress (+3)  
I think the Grand Reopening (and possible Grand Reclosing as delta spreads and lambda looms) is messing with everyone's projects.

08-17-2021 at 10:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Latest Treacle Stew Progress (0)  
Dischorran wrote:
I think the Grand Reopening (and possible Grand Reclosing as delta spreads and lambda looms) is messing with everyone's projects.

I already read of kappa variant being deadlier than the other two. I wonder if we reach omega variant

[Last edited by Illusionist at 08-23-2021 08:50 AM]
08-23-2021 at 08:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Latest Treacle Stew Progress (+4)  
Quick update - As of tonight I've finished filling out the role assignments, so I think we can finally (after more than half a year) close out the voice acting auditions thread, we have enough people. Tomorrow I'm aiming to get most of (if not all, hopefully) the audio edited and inserted into the hold, which is a big step on the path towards getting a preliminary testing candidate ready.

It's been a long struggle to get this hold to the finish line but, way down the horizon, I think the end is in sight!

10-17-2021 at 03:29 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Re: Latest Treacle Stew Progress (Everything's fine)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com