Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Xindaris's Architecture Stream (hooray!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
IP: Logged
icon Xindaris's Architecture Stream (+2)  
Sorry it took so long to set up this thread; I don't have any good reason aside from that I've been both busy and procrastinating. Anyway, this is the general announcement thread for me doing architecture stream(s) on Saturday(s). I found when doing the brief architecture stream for the Rapdid Architecture Contest that I actually rather enjoyed it.

I'm thinking that for tomorrow's stream, I'll just start with a blank hold and accept prompts from the chat and/or the DROD idea generator to try and work with. Later streams I might actually pick up things I already have in progress to try and move forward, or even mess about in RPG instead of regular DROD, but this is somewhat of a trial run for "longer/not rushed" architecture streams and this seems like the simplest thing to work with.

I prefer to play my own music while building holds, so I'll be using a playlist of songs which should both be reasonably inoffensive and avoid the stupid copyright police. It probably won't be that loud to the audience, but I thought I should mention it in case you wonder why DROD suddenly sounds different.

Anyway, that should be it. I'll put at the bottom of the post the time and date of the next architecture stream, both for today and as a place to edit it in for the future.

Stream location: https://www.twitch.tv/xindaris
Next arch stream: Local Time:08-28-2021 at 08:00 PM

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 08-21-2021 09:03 PM]
06-25-2021 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Xindaris's Architecture Stream (+1)  
I'm watching SGDQ this week, so I'm skipping streaming myself. I've already updated the 'next stream' to indicate the Saturday after next.

07-07-2021 at 02:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
icon Re: Xindaris's Architecture Stream (0)  
This coming Saturday, I do plan to stream as close to the "scheduled time" as I can, but events may make me slightly late. Just don't worry if I'm not on right at that time; I doubt it'll be more than a half hour late.

07-16-2021 at 02:19 AM
Xindaris
This is already reflected in the "next stream" part of the first post, but I'll be doing a thing with family this Saturday, so I've moved the next stream to Sunday the 25th.

07-21-2021 at 04:54 PM
Xindaris
I'm unsure if anyone watched today's stream; maybe I did a bad job clarifying that it would occur today. I didn't do very much--just poked at some old partially-built custom element demonstration levels and then made a cool time token puzzle in "Green Time".

At any rate, I will most likely be moving next Saturday, so I won't be able to stream then. For the moment I've scheduled the next stream up in the first post to the Saturday after next, that is, the 21st.

[Last edited by Xindaris at 08-07-2021 09:57 PM]
08-07-2021 at 09:56 PM
Xindaris
Well, I quit today's stream early since nobody showed up and I am a little tired. If memory serves, there wasn't really anyone around on the 7th either. I'm going to try again next Saturday, but if it seems like nobody is really interested in watching me architect at this point, maybe I should find some other thing to stream.

08-21-2021 at 09:05 PM
Xindaris
icon Re: Xindaris's Architecture Stream (+2)  
I doubt anyone really cares, but I want to mention this somewhere, and this seems like the most logical thread for it.

After not streaming for at least 2 entire years, I decided to try streaming something again--specifically, a replay of Hollow Knight to try and reevaluate the half-hate I feel for the game and hopefully come to like it better. Nobody showed up (except a spambot, I think), so it's just me rambling quietly for about 48 minutes. Anyway, if anyone's interested it's up on my channel. And...if anyone does care, let me know and I can announce if/when I ever plan on doing more of it, either here or maybe somewhere else, I dunno.

10-04-2023 at 03:20 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Xindaris's Architecture Stream (hooray!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com