Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Custom Element Contest Compilation : Duplication Lab : 3 South, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon The Custom Element Contest Compilation : Duplication Lab : 3 South, 2 East (0)  
I've managed to get tar to grow past the duplicators without using them up, but now I'm stumped.

It looks like I need two roaches to hit the plate on the south side; one to go in the alcove, and the other to go past it to hit the plate. A tar baby would just get stuck, as any created ones would move after the original roach and the only way to change this would be to use a duplicated roach anyways.

Since there are only two duplicators, this suggests I can only create one extra golem, which means I can only hold down two plates on the east side with golems.

This means I either need to somehow hold down the third plate with a tar baby (since there's no way for tar to grow in there) or figure out a way to do the south section without duplicating a roach. I'm completely stumped on how to do either of these things.
05-27-2021 at 02:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: The Custom Element Contest Compilation : Duplication Lab : 3 South, 2 East (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
05-27-2021 at 05:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: The Custom Element Contest Compilation : Duplication Lab : 3 South, 2 East (+3)  
I couldn't make sense of your hint but it led me in a different direction that ended up working.

Click here to view the secret text

Then I checked your demo and felt a little silly for not thinking of that.
05-27-2021 at 07:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Custom Element Contest Compilation : Duplication Lab : 3 South, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com