Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Homeward Adventure : Familiar Returns : 1 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
tumtitum
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged
icon Homeward Adventure : Familiar Returns : 1 South (0)  
Whenever I give up on Drod for 6 to 12 months, which is quite often, this is exactly the kind of level that has me throwing in the towel. You know what you're trying to do (or at least you think you do) and then you waste thousands and thousands of moves and endless hours trying to find that one single move at that one single square that is the only way to do it (probably). I'm sure the setter thinks themselves really, really clever; they might even be so, but ..... :angry Anyway, see you in November, maybe. :selftwak
04-24-2021 at 04:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Homeward Adventure : Familiar Returns : 1 South (0)  
I suspect that you're making this room way harder than it needs to be, although I can't know that for sure. I'll give a hint and then an explicit solution, so choose how many secret tags you want to check. This does require some basic serpent knowledge, which can be unpleasant for people that aren't used to them.

Hint:
Click here to view the secret text

Solution:

04-24-2021 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
navithmastero
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 596
icon Re: Homeward Adventure : Familiar Returns : 1 South (0)  
What in particular are you struggling with? I've not played this room but looks like you need to be trapping the serpent on the tar babies - if this is the case is it the snake manipulation that's the problem?

If so I'd be happy to offer an explanation on snake shenanigans and could also trackdown some helpful links.

One of your local HAs.

My stuff:

[Last edited by navithmastero at 04-24-2021 04:37 PM]
04-24-2021 at 04:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Homeward Adventure : Familiar Returns : 1 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com