Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Evil eyes wake up inconsistently with speed potion
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Evil eyes wake up inconsistently with speed potion (+4)  
If the player has a speed potion, evil eyes only wake up after two consecutive half-turns with the player in their line of sight.

This is also the case with timeclones and inactive clones.

This is not the case with decoys or stalwarts or soldiers. Evil eyes wake up after one half-turn with the target in sight, whether it's a turn where they move or not.

The behavior I would expect is that the eyes need two consecutive half-turns with any target in sight, to be fully consistent with how it works with the player.

There is a room in Advanced Concepts (Eyes, Potions 9E) which depends on this behavior with decoys. All other rooms I found with room search would not be significantly affected if this were changed.

Edit: Looking closer, the first half of that room would be solvable even if this were changed so decoy behavior were made consistent with clone behavior. This doesn't seem to be the case with the second half, however.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 02-14-2021 09:23 PM]
02-14-2021 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Re: Evil eyes wake up inconsistently with speed potion (+1)  
Never mind, found a solution that would work with the change. It's even distinct from the solution in the clone room to the east. So the only impact is that the room would have a scroll in it that's no longer accurate.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 02-14-2021 10:22 PM]
02-14-2021 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Evil eyes wake up inconsistently with speed potion
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com