Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lavender Levels : Chromatic Goo and Gentryii Too : 3 South, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
IP: Logged
icon Lavender Levels : Chromatic Goo and Gentryii Too : 3 South, 1 East (0)  
How to clear this room? I always end up with a pattern where the northern blob is gel and the western one is tar, so I have to wait for it to grow past the gap in the chain to cut it.

The best I can do is a state where the tar is a 3x2 blob and the gel is reduced to two mothers - I guess the idea is that the two exposed mothers give me two chances to cut the tarstuff and thus change the western blob to a cuttable version, so that I can reach those mothers in the end - but there is not enough time to move between the two locations.
01-16-2021 at 05:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Lavender Levels : Chromatic Goo and Gentryii Too : 3 South, 1 East (0)  
Hmm, thought I had something but I misread. The one thing I can tell you is that you want to get the tar blob to 2-by-2. Need to watch my demo more closely to understand how you get to that point.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 01-16-2021 06:49 PM]
01-16-2021 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Okay, here's the key trick.

Click here to view the secret text

01-16-2021 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
I still don't get it. The pattern is slightly different, but I still don't have enough time, or I end up with an uncuttable 2x2 blob.
01-16-2021 at 08:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Lavender Levels : Chromatic Goo and Gentryii Too : 3 South, 1 East (+1)  
Right, I guess it needs to be done at the right time. Sorry, I'm mostly looking over my demo with a little messing around and it's hard to catch every nuance of the room that way.

Here's what to aim for:

Click here to view the secret text

01-16-2021 at 09:09 PM
kikuchiyo
icon Re: Lavender Levels : Chromatic Goo and Gentryii Too : 3 South, 1 East (+2)  
Thanks!

This was unintuitive.

I guess the reason for my mental block was that "normal" DROD conditioned me to avoid creating 2x2 blobs of tar.
01-16-2021 at 09:41 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lavender Levels : Chromatic Goo and Gentryii Too : 3 South, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com