Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
IP: Logged
icon 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience (0)  
After the full rerun of all RPG scores something seemed off about the 2018 Year of RPG scores, and it seems that most of greenscience's scores for the hold have vanished. One of the scorepoints has also vanished, which I think is from the Castle Repton Annex entry but I cant remember the scorepoint's name. It might be that greenscience was the only person who had so far submitted a score for that entry.

I assume what has happened here is that one of the scorepoints failed for some reason, then all the other scores from other entries were played on the same save file and so theres been a cascade of failed validations because they all replay and get stuck on the same failing entry.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-28-2020 06:27 PM]
10-28-2020 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
greenscience
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 141
icon Re: 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience (0)  
Yes, I noticed that several of my scores failed validation. The missing one from Castle Repton Annex is Up to Eleven! The only entries whose scores are left are Exponenti-Slayer, Shattered Crystal, Suprematism of Health, and the ones from Hostile Hotel. I'm not sure that same save file is the reason for failed validation. Reached Ether Suits, Arena Master Defeated, and Up to Eleven! were replayed from scratch when I re-optimized them although the first submitted scores were from the same save.

Besides the ones from 2018 Compilation I also lost Golem Guard Downed!, Normal Ending!, Spookswielder Killed! from The Test Of Mind, plus Elder Slayer no more! from 2016 Compilation wasn't validated. You also lost one score from Accessory Training Facility.

Since I played on Linux I thought there were some differences between what was submitted by Windows vs Linux that affected validation. In particular after my first submission Little Square's Evil Eye (Unequipped) could only be validated when submitted from Windows. Although now I'm not so certain due to Accessory Training Facility.
10-28-2020 at 07:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience (+2)  
Mike -
Ran one of these demos through the debugger, and Validate... is returning false here:

https://github.com/CaravelGames/drod/blob/master/drodrpg/DRODLib/Db.cpp#L354

10-28-2020 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
greenscience wrote: You also lost one score from Accessory Training Facility.
Oh hey nicely spotted, I didn't notice.

There was a scorepoint called Keys Wasted and it's vanished from the tables completely (but I think I'm the only person who's ever submitted a score for it).
10-28-2020 at 08:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Schik wrote:
Mike -
Ran one of these demos through the debugger, and Validate... is returning false here:

https://github.com/CaravelGames/drod/blob/master/drodrpg/DRODLib/Db.cpp#L354
Thank you! Happy to address this.

Based on a glance at the code there, it appears a room exit command is being encountered in the playback without an accompanying room exit event on that turn. Can someone provide context into how that is?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-29-2020 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience (+5)  
kieranmillar wrote:
greenscience wrote: You also lost one score from Accessory Training Facility.
Oh hey nicely spotted, I didn't notice.

There was a scorepoint called Keys Wasted and it's vanished from the tables completely (but I think I'm the only person who's ever submitted a score for it).
I've figured out what causes this.

On the current Steam build wall walking onto a pressure plate activates it. In 1.2.8.alpha.2020-10-16 this doesn't happen, which breaks any scores that use the wall walking in ATF:1W. This appears to be a new bug and I've made a new thread for it.

This is likely unrelated to the original issue, as Castle Repton Annex for example doesn't have any wall walking tokens.

[Last edited by Doom at 10-29-2020 11:05 AM]
10-29-2020 at 09:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Matt, I've merged a PR to address the accessory issue. It was a regression in my fix for teleport logic. Please re-validate these scores at your convenience.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-29-2020 06:07 PM]
10-29-2020 at 06:06 PM
kieranmillar
icon Re: 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience (+1)  
It looks like some scores from The Test of Mind also failed for the same reason, as teleporting on top of equipment also failed in a similar way.

The latest alpha fixes that behaviour too. You now correctly collect equipment if you e.g. wall walk onto it.
10-29-2020 at 10:19 PM
Schik
kieranmillar wrote:
It looks like some scores from The Test of Mind also failed for the same reason, as teleporting on top of equipment also failed in a similar way.

The latest alpha fixes that behaviour too. You now correctly collect equipment if you e.g. wall walk onto it.
Are these better now? I re-verified all previously deleted scores.

10-30-2020 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
greenscience
Looking closely it looks like my scores for Atheist Run, The Invincible Man, Reached Ether Suits, and Up to Eleven! are old. I uploaded new ones around August this year with scores of 2685, 3034, 359, 2841 respectively. Also should have score of 485 for 2016 Compilation's Elder Slayer no more! that wasn't validated.

The others all look correct.
10-30-2020 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Checked the first one, Atheist Run, in the debugger. It successfully validates, but no scorepoints are found.

10-30-2020 at 09:09 PM
kieranmillar
I have looked at the scripting of all of the entries that house those scorepoints and nothing jumps out as unusual. Three of them (Atheist Run, The Invinicible Man and Up To Eleven!) are all triggered in the same way, by doing a Wait while monster on a square which contains a Rock Giant and then triggering the scorepoint afterwards, but this doesn't seem to be an issue as the scorepoints activate correctly when I test things out in the editor.
10-30-2020 at 09:47 PM
greenscience
It might matter that I played using 1.2.7.319 on Linux and usually submitted scores by saving when I enter the room containing scorepoint, then restoring to complete many in one go.

Since there are only a few scorepoints remaining I can just play them again tonight and resubmit with latest alpha to see if problems persist.
10-30-2020 at 10:07 PM
mrimer
Thanks for testing out submission of these score points.

I'm not clear if there's a bug or not yet.

Please let me know if there's something I need to look into.

10-31-2020 at 01:29 AM
greenscience
I resubmitted the 5 scores and they were accepted. Don't think there is anything related to fix at the moment.
10-31-2020 at 01:41 PM
Schik
icon Re: 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience (+3)  
For future debugging, I've added some tracking of why scores are rejected.

You can see a list of all of your rejected scores at https://forum.caravelgames.com/deletedrpgscores.php

It will only show the reason for a rejection if it's been reverified since about an hour ago. There's a button to request re-verification, to populate that field for any demos you'd like.

10-31-2020 at 01:57 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : 20+ scores from 2018 compilation vanished for greenscience
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com