Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RPG: Ability to see all scorepoints in a hold
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged
icon RPG: Ability to see all scorepoints in a hold (+3)  
This is something that's been bugging me a bit about tracking scores in RPG. It's hard to be sure that you've 100%'d a hold. The closest thing is http://forum.caravelgames.com/rpgscores.php?action=holdoverview which has a column called "Number of Score Points". However, this only counts score points that have at least one submitted score. If a hold is new and hasn't been full-cleared yet or there are obscure score points, you might never notice that you're missing some. For instance, Hold Anonymous is a hold from 2009 and has three score points with zero scores. Maybe someone would've bothered if it was more obvious that they exist (or if they're broken, that would get discovered more easily as well).

Since scores are primarily a CaravelNet feature, I think it'd be good enough to change this on the website (as cool as something like the ingame Challenge menu in vanilla DROD would be).

In short, my request is that score points are always shown even if they don't currently have scores. So, http://forum.caravelgames.com/rpgscores.php?action=holdlevels&id=481 would currently have three more rows with a zero in the "Number of Players" column).

[Last edited by Doom at 10-23-2020 11:04 PM]
10-23-2020 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: RPG: Ability to see all scorepoints in a hold (0)  
Regarding Hold Anonymous, I recently got some scorepoints there that ended up getting rejected, so there's that issue as well. Those scores don't show up on the list.

In particular, it's the scorepoints that are awarded on the final level that don't work. I can confirm 2 of them, and never bothered trying to get the 3rd one since the spider was rejecting the scores anyway.

But to be on topic, yes, please implement this feature. It would be really nice to see a list of scorepoints for each hold.

[Last edited by mauvebutterfly at 10-24-2020 12:01 AM]
10-24-2020 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: RPG: Ability to see all scorepoints in a hold (0)  
mauvebutterfly wrote:
Regarding Hold Anonymous, I recently got some scorepoints there that ended up getting rejected, so there's that issue as well. Those scores don't show up on the list.

In particular, it's the scorepoints that are awarded on the final level that don't work. I can confirm 2 of them, and never bothered trying to get the 3rd one since the spider was rejecting the scores anyway.
I've just taken a look at the scripting of this hold, and these scores not verifying appears to be due to this bug.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-24-2020 12:25 AM]
10-24-2020 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: RPG: Ability to see all scorepoints in a hold (+4)  
Doom wrote:
In short, my request is that score points are always shown even if they don't currently have scores. So, https://forum.caravelgames.com/rpgscores.php?action=holdlevels&id=481 would currently have three more rows with a zero in the "Number of Players" column).
This is much more complicated than you'd think. The site doesn't know what scorepoints exist, it just accepts what the spider tell it.

That said, I agree this would be good, and I'm looking into it. I've currently got code parsing hold files, and inserting found scorepoints into a new table. Still a lot to do, but I'm working on it.

10-24-2020 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: RPG: Ability to see all scorepoints in a hold (+2)  
Looks like there was already a thread for this in the rpg feature request forum, which I'd overlooked. And hyperme has implemented this in-game :cheers:

So, this variant may not be needed now, especially if it's a lot of work.
01-14-2021 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : RPG: Ability to see all scorepoints in a hold
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com