Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : App having difficulty connecting to CaravelNet
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
IP: Logged

File: ConnectionIssues.png (915.7 KB)
Downloaded 167 times.
License: Public Domain
icon App having difficulty connecting to CaravelNet (0)  
Over the past week or two, I'm seeing a lot of this sort of thing from DROD. The workaround is to quit the app and restart it.

Anything I can try to troubleshoot this?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
09-11-2020 at 03:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: App having difficulty connecting to CaravelNet (0)  
I've noticed this happening, though not as severely, in my windows copy of the game too. There's just been more "connecting to caravelnet..." or "uploading demos..." delays than usual recently, it feels like.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

09-11-2020 at 03:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
I haven't experienced this issue, but I have experienced a spottier internet connection than usual this week in general, and I've heard co-workers in multiple areas sharing the same experience. Wonder if there's something systemic going on...

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-11-2020 at 04:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: App having difficulty connecting to CaravelNet (+1)  
My connection has been quite bad lately (as in the past several months, but seemingly getting worse.)

If I ever see the "Attempting to connect" message I know it's too late and just quit the program. I did forget I had DROD open once and came back to see the counter hit 9000.

When I want to be connected to CaravelNet it seems to take two or three restarts lately to get a connection, although sometimes it does just work fine the first time quickly and without any issues.

09-11-2020 at 05:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
Possibly a separate issue from the game startup one, but I've been getting a lot of delay between level transitions lately as the game tries to connect to the server. I haven't played anything other than Entry Point lately, so I'm not sure if that issue is just due to the size of that hold.

09-11-2020 at 05:15 AM
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: App having difficulty connecting to CaravelNet (+1)  
Glad to know I wasn't the only one having issues.

I had similar problems early September, I had to request new caravelkey few times, but now it works good. I think that it might had something to do with reinstalling DRODs, though. Also, DROD crashed few times, which might also affected the key.

Currently, if I see such pop-up I just quit DROD and start it again.

[Last edited by Illusionist at 09-21-2020 12:39 PM]
09-12-2020 at 11:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : App having difficulty connecting to CaravelNet
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com