Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Accessing the .hold files for the main series with the GOG editions?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Lord Moontram
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
IP: Logged
icon Accessing the .hold files for the main series with the GOG editions? (+1)  
I was just wondering, when I was talking about the Smitemaster's Selections in a prior thread in regards to purchasing, I was told that the Steam version holds were integrated and less easy/impossible (?) to export (...if that's worded correctly), so I bought them here on the website direct so I could access the .hold files for use with GOG. This worked out great because I could then 'import' them into the latest version of DROD with all the additional benefits it gives (undos, etc).

With this question, I have a sinking feeling I won't be able to do this with my full GOG series of the DROD games, but is it possible to access the .hold files of the series in general (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, RPG... errr, Architect?) so I can enjoy the same advantages? The reason I have a sinking feeling is I don't think the .hold files are specifically given with the GOG version (as in the extension), and if the only way it's possible is to buy the series direct on this website, sadly, it's just not something I can afford to do; I have limited funds and whilst I'd love to, I can't re-buy.

Again, sorry if I've used the wrong terminology here.

Regards.
06-28-2019 at 05:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Re: Accessing the .hold files for the main series with the GOG editions? (0)  
Again, thanks for buying our games, and I appreciate the questions.

You are correct in that the main "official" campaign/level set/hold that comes with each of the main titles is not packaged as a separate .hold file that you can copy around. It is embedded within the drod5_0.dat (etc) master file that comes pre-installed with the game.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-30-2019 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Accessing the .hold files for the main series with the GOG editions?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com