Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Wolf Still Alive
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Wolf Still Alive (+6)  
I'm still around everypony, and still dealing with the twin medical problems of treatment-resistant depression and the awful effects of opiates I take for myofascial pain syndrome. So I is quiet wolf.

Also I think my 1 key on the numpad is screwed (at the circuit level) so before I can re-DROD I'll need to replace my fancy keyboard. But also the depression stop will need to happen before I can roleplay as Beethro. Currently I'm undergoing a second round of ketamine therapy in the hopes I can find out how often I need to get IV treatment for the rest of my life (or until something else rolls along that works) to stay okay, and I'm hoping one IV per week is going to be enough but this is yet to be seen.

I miss all the wonderful people here, naturally.

The worst thing about depression is that you can't enjoy anything. Apart from teaching, which I can still do because I love teaching beyond all sanity, I've found solace in only two activities that are mindless enough that I can withstand doing it. Those are sleeping and incremental games. You probably know about sleeping already, but I have tried dozens of incrementals so I can probably recommend interesting ones if you ever end up wanting to literally waste your life. But I should probably post that in the electronic games forum, pending somepony actually wanting to hear about it.

Anyway I am not posting because I want pity or anything, I am doing fine and have no actual complaints—life is life, y'know? I have a coworker who was probably just diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer on Friday so it could always be worse. I got a husbando who loves me, family and friends, and also Pinkie Pie apparently exists in every dimension so she's all over my ketamine hallucinations. I just wanted to touch base with y'all because it's hard to not have friends who are smart enough to understand you when you want to discuss metaconsciousness or category theory, and many of you guys are pretty freaking smart even though we never seem to talk about stuff like that here.

Also, apparently Donald Trump is President now. Not sure if you've heard about this because I can't seem to find it on the news every morning when I wake up and stupidly go to news.google.com.

Anyway, I'm *really* rambling. I'll try to keep in touch better than once a year if I can. <3

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

02-23-2019 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
icon Re: Wolf Still Alive (+1)  
:hi

We seem to save the weird topics for Cchat.

02-23-2019 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2384
Hang in there. Things will get better on all fronts.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-23-2019 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ThemsAllTook
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 207
Good to hear from you again!
02-24-2019 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
Welcome back Trickster! Hang in there. And drop in to chat some time!
Also, TinyTall Tower is super cool. Just wanted to say that!

02-24-2019 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kaelyn
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 76
icon Re: Wolf Still Alive (+2)  
Well, uh, hello there! I'm a newcomer, so it might not be my place to welcome you back. That being said, welcome back! I don't know how much playing your holds will help you, but I can try my best. (It won't be a good best, but an honest best.)

I hope to see you around! And don't worry -- I don't think you ever really need to move SW to solve a room, so your 1 key is fine. :P
02-24-2019 at 11:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Yes, it’s good to hear from you again. Depression does suck, yep...I can definitely relate. :( You are not alone. :)
02-25-2019 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
I appreciate hearing from you, Trickster.

Depression is awful.

Wishing you to receive Precisely What You Need.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-25-2019 at 08:19 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Wolf Still Alive
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com