Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin (Floor spikes, staves)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.7/10 (3 votes)
σ 0.47
Author Name:superluminal
Submitted By:superluminal
Hold Name:The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin
Theme:Floor spikes, staves
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:25
Number of Monsters:327
Version:DROD: The Second Sky (5.0.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin.hold (28.8 KB)
Downloaded 328 times.
License: Other
icon The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin  
I made two levels for the November 2017 contest: The Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin. I missed the deadline, so it's not in the compilation, but if you loved those entries and feel hungry for more, feel free to check this out!

The first level introduces floor spikes, and the second introduces the staff weapon. The one-room third level mixes both for a final test. All levels are in tier one, so expect a limited palate of elements. (You might notice the occasional platform -- all they do is distinguish force arrows and light posts.)

Big thanks to mauvebutterfly, Bent, and Insoluble for testing!
07-22-2018 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4590
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin (+1)  
I know someone who didn't read the Hold submission checklist. The challenges in Forest 3N1E and 5N1E both use "End" when the challenge is failed, so that if you trigger the fail condition and then walk out of the room, leaving the room uncleared and available to come back to, you can never get the challenge on that save. This is especially bad in 5N1E because the challenge is "don't kill any soldiers" -- and there is a soldier standing on the challenge scroll.

4N may be okay, but if you update the hold to fix the other scripts, there's a change I'd recommend making to 4N to be on the safe side:
Click here to view the secret text

07-22-2018 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : The Untold Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin (Floor spikes, staves) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com