Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Immersed Sanctuary : 3 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon The Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Immersed Sanctuary : 3 South (0)  
I don't understand what kind of setup I'm trying to arrange at all, or how I can possibly make it stable.

Since there's no way I can freeze both aumtlich at once on pressure plates while standing on the third myself, apparently I need to do something with the guard? But I don't see what I can possibly do other than dance to keep him in position, and there's no way I can feasibly accomplish anything else at the same time as doing that.
03-27-2018 at 07:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: The Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Immersed Sanctuary : 3 South (+1)  
The guard's propensity for moving around really mucks things up.

Click here to view the secret text

03-27-2018 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
IQubic
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 78
icon Re: The Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Immersed Sanctuary : 3 South (0)  
I'm afraid that this doesn't help me enough. Do I want to find a set-up where

Not only does that seem impossible due to the positions of the plates, but I'm not even sure I can get both aumtlich looking in the right direction.

I'm also not sure how I'd keep BOTH aumtlich in place while I do this.

[Last edited by IQubic at 03-28-2018 04:22 AM]
03-28-2018 at 04:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
If the guard has a path to you, he'll move or turn. Not very helpful for keeping aumtlich stunned.

But there's no way to cut off his path without removing trapdoors until he can't get to you, right?

03-28-2018 at 04:37 AM
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
I'm still not seeing it. Guards will turn and move even when they don't have a path to you.

10-09-2021 at 08:40 PM
Dragon Fogel
You're making two wrong assumptions there.

10-09-2021 at 08:50 PM
Kalin
Neither of those were assumptions, they were simply the only setup I could find using your hint.

My assumptions are:
The guard will move/turn along his path if one exists.
The guard will turn to face me or move closer if he doesn't have a path.
Because there is no way to hold the guard on a pressure plate, I need to stand on one.

10-09-2021 at 09:30 PM
Dragon Fogel

10-09-2021 at 09:40 PM
Kalin
To be pedantic, guards aren't brained and the arrow actually is an obstacle here.

You're saying put him on
?

I can see that working, but it's beyond my skill level to set that up. These two secrets are so much harder than the rest of the hold (did all the other rooms and 2 challenges without hints).
10-10-2021 at 01:02 AM
Dragon Fogel

10-10-2021 at 02:00 AM
Illusionist
Rank Points: 165
I need demo for handling aumtlich. I am always almost there, but it's too hard to manage everything at the same time

I know the rules, I know that you can use the trapped guard to block one, and do some other maneuvers. But it's too hard for me:~(

[Last edited by Illusionist at 12-18-2021 02:11 PM]
12-18-2021 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The Untold Tales of Gunthro Budkin : Immersed Sanctuary : 3 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com