Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
<<5678
Page 9 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD on steam (0)  
rowrow wrote:
mrimer wrote:
For those who posted here that you have KDD as a SmS, I've ensured you should have access to a Steam key now.
I don't have a key

I also do not.
10-30-2016 at 03:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BolucPap
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
jdyer wrote:
rowrow wrote:
mrimer wrote:
For those who posted here that you have KDD as a SmS, I've ensured you should have access to a Steam key now.
I don't have a key

I also do not.

I hate to propagate a me too/me neither chain, but I do not see any keys in the Purchases tab of my profile on the forum, either.
10-30-2016 at 05:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
runtly
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
rowrow wrote:
mrimer wrote:
I don't have a key
I don't have a key either. :(

10-30-2016 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: DROD on steam (+1)  
BolucPap, you have KDD registered, so you should be able to get a Steam key.

Fixed the KDD ownership issue for everyone else.

----

Also fixed GatEB demo/save/player import issues on Steam.

----

Also fixed the "Moderate Striker" achievement.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-31-2016 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
BolucPap
Rank Points: 13
mrimer wrote:
BolucPap, you have KDD registered, so you should be able to get a Steam key.

----

Also fixed GatEB demo/save/player import issues on Steam.

----

Also fixed the "Moderate Striker" achievement.

Yay! It works! Thanks!
10-31-2016 at 04:13 PM
malkav11
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 59
KDD duly registered. Thanks very much. :)
10-31-2016 at 11:52 PM
Coscott
Rank Points: 14
Has anyone gotten KDD working on a Mac?
11-01-2016 at 02:57 AM
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
Still no KDD Steam key in my profile (but I hadn't posted yet).

Did anyone with KDD as an SMS (rather than a separate product) automatically get a Steam key? I'm thinking there might be a widespread gap here, rather than a bunch of isolated cases. It didn't matter with the GOG release because of the in-game download, but for Steam achievements it sounds like the key is important.
11-02-2016 at 12:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Zecks
icon Re: DROD on steam (+2)  
Hello.

How would buying the 'base game' (Gunthro), connecting it to Steam then getting the DLCs there work with CNet?

I'm looking to try and show off the game to some online friends (or strangers) and I'd be happy if I got anyone interested in the game or community.
Regarding the latter, you would need them to get it through your site, (assuming I understood this) right?

PS: What's the pricing plan for JtRH and TCB? $10 like on CG or $5 for all Steam "DLC"? Right now KDD thru CG is 10 bucks.
11-02-2016 at 02:26 PM
mrimer
Zecks wrote:
Hello.

How would buying the 'base game' (Gunthro), connecting it to Steam then getting the DLCs there work with CNet?

I'm looking to try and show off the game to some online friends (or strangers) and I'd be happy if I got anyone interested in the game or community.
Regarding the latter, you would need them to get it through your site, (assuming I understood this) right?

PS: What's the pricing plan for JtRH and TCB? $10 like on CG or $5 for all Steam "DLC"? Right now KDD thru CG is 10 bucks.
Thanks for your interest in showing off our games! You are correct -- a user has to purchase and register the games on the CG site in order for CaravelNet scoring to be tied to a Caravel Forum user account.

JtRH and TCB will be each available on Steam for $5, and when they're released, a KDD+JtRH+TCB bundle option to get all three for $10 on Steam will become available. (This is in line with GoG pricing.) Of course, for players who have already registered the titles on the Caravel Forum, you'll automatically receive Steam keys for each in your Caravel Forum user profile.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-03-2016 04:24 PM]
11-03-2016 at 04:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
KevG
Rank Points: 333
Tuttle wrote:
Did anyone with KDD as an SMS (rather than a separate product) automatically get a Steam key?

I bought KDD as a SMS when it first was released. I received my Steam key automatically. So, while the problem seems to be affecting a lot of people, it isn't affecting everyone.
11-03-2016 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
uhuf
Rank Points: 20
Now that the Steam GatEB hold is on CNet, I uploaded the scores I acquired while playing on Steam. Despite completing all the challenges, they did not appear as completed on this page. I also tried manually uploading demos of complete challenges, to no avail. I checked, and completing a challenge again now does update its status on the page.

Is this a bug or an intentional behaviour? Must I complete all the challenges again for the bragging rights?
11-04-2016 at 11:00 AM
jdyer
Rank Points: 329
mrimer wrote:

Key working fine. Just wanted to say your work is appreciated. I know juggling launches can be rough.
11-04-2016 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kr3w.1337brown
Rank Points: 16
Thanks for Release KDD and JtRH on Steam. But, I would like to register all DROD games I have on Steam account to Caravel Forum account.

[Last edited by kr3w.1337brown at 11-04-2016 05:25 PM]
11-04-2016 at 05:05 PM
xpym
Rank Points: 87
icon Re: DROD on steam (+2)  
kr3w.1337brown wrote:
But, I would like to register all DROD games I have on Steam account to Caravel Forum account.
Caravel no longer does that.
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=41409
11-05-2016 at 10:05 AM
mrimer
DezzTech wrote:
So the people on the steam forums think that KDD is a demo version thanks to the quit screen being from the demo. Great 5.0 engine feature. Totally not confusing for the new players. At all.
I uploaded a patch fixing this on Steam for KDD+JtRH DLC.

11-05-2016 at 10:17 PM
mrimer
How will the Caravel buyers receive their SmSes on the Steam release? I guess this would be more complicated than the main holds because they're separate and not really bundled together like the steam DLC does, but still, an answer or even just a plan would be nice to have.
Unfortunately, we don't have a way to provide Steam keys for SmS DLC because the SmS sales model is completely different on Steam.

11-05-2016 at 10:18 PM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
mrimer wrote:
How will the Caravel buyers receive their SmSes on the Steam release? I guess this would be more complicated than the main holds because they're separate and not really bundled together like the steam DLC does, but still, an answer or even just a plan would be nice to have.
Unfortunately, we don't have a way to provide Steam keys for SmS DLC because the SmS sales model is completely different on Steam.
It looks like they're bundled in pairs on Steam. Would it be possible to just have the forum issue Steam keys for a pack to people who own both the included holds on Caravel*? If someone only owns one, they can choose whether to buy the matching hold on Caravel to be eligible for the key, or just buy the pack on Steam (knowing that it doesn't flow back the other way). Not sure how that works with the intended pricing.

* Whether that ownership came about through a bundle-with-a-game, individual purchase, contest prize etc. doesn't need to come into it -- if both holds are listed under "Smitemaster's Selections you have access to" in your profile then you're eligible for a key, otherwise not.
11-06-2016 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
I'm just going to agree with what Tuttle said. Not to mention that at least one of the Steam bundles were given to us as bundles as well (looking at Halph Stories here).

More importantly, though, I'm going to throw this out there, spoilered because it's spoilery.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Hikari at 11-09-2016 05:42 AM]
11-09-2016 at 05:41 AM
Coscott
JTRH also does not work on mac
11-11-2016 at 12:28 AM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Looks like TCB didn't go live on the scheduled day. Did something wonky happen behind the scenes, or did someone just forget to press a button?

11-13-2016 at 02:31 AM
mrimer
Coscott wrote:
JTRH also does not work on mac
Sorry for the trouble here. This should be fixed for KDD, JtRH, and also TCB.

(We were missing associating an OSX-specific file depot with the DLC Package. It's a bit complicated to hook up everything on Steam.)

11-13-2016 at 08:18 PM
mrimer
Hikari wrote:
Looks like TCB didn't go live on the scheduled day. Did something wonky happen behind the scenes, or did someone just forget to press a button?
Yes, it's ready to go. I was planning to do this Friday evening, and then I found out that Valve just published new rules, that releases can only be pushed M-F during daytime working hours. Hmm...well, I'll be doing this Monday morning.

11-13-2016 at 08:19 PM
Coscott
Yay, it works now. Thanks!

Ok, new question, as someone who has bought all smite master selections, how much will it cost me to unlock me them on steam?
11-13-2016 at 11:28 PM
mrimer
TCB is now available on Steam! :yay

Now that it is released, Valve is letting me enable a bundle deal for KDD/JtRH/TCB (basically buy two, get one free) here:

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/1847/

11-14-2016 at 05:55 PM
Fang
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
mrimer wrote:
TCB is now available on Steam! :yay

That's really good news! I assume TSS is going to be next as a standalone game instead of "DLC" for GatEB?

I can't wait for all of them to be out. Having all of DROD on Steam is going to really help visibility with how many people use it, not to mention how easy it is to take screenshots, maybe have a DROD-related group on Steam too, etc.

11-14-2016 at 10:13 PM
xpym
Fang wrote:
I assume TSS is going to be next as a standalone game instead of "DLC" for GatEB?

Why, though? Isn't it more convenient to have access to all holds from a single shell?
11-15-2016 at 06:31 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I'm pretty sure TSS is not forwards compatible with GatEB, an older engine.

The way it goes is, you have KDD/Architect's Edition, you have JtRH which can also run KDD, you have TCB which can also run KDD and JtRH, and you have GaTE which can also run KDD, JtRH and TCB, which is what's on Steam right now.

Now TSS, being the next engine, can run those too, but that would cause all the achievements to be doubled, so it will probably be released as a standalone game, without these dlc.
The way it was originally planned was release all of them as standalone games, each with their own achievements only, but Valve made it difficult.

[Last edited by Maurog at 11-15-2016 11:49 AM]
11-15-2016 at 11:38 AM
xpym
You're probably not aware that the Steam release of GaTEB was based on the latest version of the current engine after exhaustive consistency checking and bugfixing, so there'll be no problems in that regard.
11-15-2016 at 11:54 AM
Fang
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 175
xpym wrote:
You're probably not aware that the Steam release of GaTEB was based on the latest version of the current engine after exhaustive consistency checking and bugfixing, so there'll be no problems in that regard.

While that's true, I'm just wondering because TSS shows up as a separate game altogether in my list of games, since I entered the code for Steam already. Is there gonna be some sort of system in place to access the same list of profiles / holds / holds-in-making for both games though? If not, that might confuse people down the line who aren't used to how Caravelgames had set up the games before. The cloud thing is just for CaravelNet members, if I remember correctly, right?

11-15-2016 at 02:18 PM
<<5678
Page 9 of 12
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No