Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Favorite Musical Theme (Heroine's Quest, of course)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RogueIce
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Favorite Musical Theme (0)  
So, what's your favorite musical theme from Heroine's Quest? This game has some utterly fantastic music all around, but what stands out for you?

For me, it's definitely the Sad Theme. It really evokes the emotions, and is played at all the right times and adds great atmosphere. Especially during
Click here to view the secret text

Also, I'm a total sucker for emotional music.

Second to that and on an emotional 180 is what I call, for lack of a better title, the "Love Theme" or basically the music that plays when

So what are your thoughts? Also devs, any chance of a jukebox like with "A Tale of Two Kingdoms"? :D

[Last edited by RogueIce at 01-04-2014 05:04 PM]
01-04-2014 at 05:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Arnblas
icon Re: Favorite Musical Theme (0)  
My favourite is the "heroic" theme that plays whenever you do something heroic to advance the main plot line, such as when you

01-04-2014 at 05:42 PM
PicaLudica
Sad Theme for me as well. I agree that it's not only very effective on its own, but indeed used very well too. The moment it really got to me was

Another contender is the theme that plays when you wander around Svartalfheim. I was rather surprised to hear Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" reprised as part of Thrivaldi's theme to be honest, I thought it would've suited Svartalfheim better. But the actual theme of Svartalfheim manages to sound like Mountain King without actually referencing it, and I really liked it. :)
01-04-2014 at 05:46 PM
QFG Fan
I like the first theme of the Adventurer's Guild in Fornsigtuna.
01-05-2014 at 09:50 PM
Antidragon4185
Rank Points: 11
I know it only plays once, but I don't think anything tops the music that plays when you finally beat the game. The beautiful reprise of Wagner's The Ride Of The Valkyries is immensely satisfying; It was an epic tune to begin with, but Crystel Shard has made it uplifting and reflective as well. As you see the fates of those you interacted with and consider all you have accomplished in this wonderfully envisioned world, you can’t help you can’t help experiencing a warm feeling of victory .
01-12-2014 at 02:43 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Favorite Musical Theme (Heroine's Quest, of course)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com