Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Catching the Fish
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azurerosa
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Catching the Fish (0)  
Ok, I found the Swartalf who turned into a fish in the lake, but I can't catch him. I'm playing as a Sorceress and I've tried casting all of my spells at the lake (I have all of the available spells at reasonable levels ranging from maxed out to ~50), it won't let me use the net and using the Shadow spell to trick him into thinking I've left didn't work either.

I see him jump out of the water once each time I enter the screen so I know he's there, but he's gone before I have the chance to do something... :?

Hints rather than flat out answers prefered if possible.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain
01-01-2014 at 10:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
v_k
icon Re: Catching the Fish (0)  
One of the elves gives you a hint if you ask him about Andvari.
Something along the lines of:
Click here to view the secret text

01-01-2014 at 10:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
PicaLudica
If the game doesn't let you use the net, you're not using it the right way. ;)

And I'm not sure it's necessary for Andvari, but do remember that since you don't know anything about animals, you will need a lot of *luck* in order to catch fish.

Hope this helps :)
01-01-2014 at 10:35 AM
bjorn
Are you sure you're in the right place? Maybe there's a better spot for fishing :)
01-01-2014 at 11:31 AM
CaptainJei
I encountered a bug with the fish (Andvari) in the lake screen: When I walk in, the fish jumps out of the water, falls back in, then immediately disappears, though the animation suggests this is not intentional. I tried leaving and re-entering the room, and then quickly talking to the fish while he was still in the air. The game crashed and left the following error details:

in "GlocalScript.asc", line 3841

Error: FaceCharacter: characters are in different rooms
01-01-2014 at 11:38 AM
azurerosa
CaptainJei wrote:
I encountered a bug with the fish (Andvari) in the lake screen: When I walk in, the fish jumps out of the water, falls back in, then immediately disappears, though the animation suggests this is not intentional. I tried leaving and re-entering the room, and then quickly talking to the fish while he was still in the air. The game crashed and left the following error details:

in "GlocalScript.asc", line 3841

Error: FaceCharacter: characters are in different rooms

I haven't managed to click on him before he disappears, but he does vanish as soon as he hits the water so maybe mine is bugging out as well? Does anyone know how to fix this?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain
01-01-2014 at 06:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
azurerosa
bjorn wrote:
Are you sure you're in the right place? Maybe there's a better spot for fishing :)

I've tried the waterfall and stream in his workshop, I've tried the stream in town, I've tried the lake, I've tried the lake from the overlook, I've even tried the water fountain (I was getting desperate ok? :P) Everywhere says it wouldn't be sporting or I can't fish there and the lake says it is completely clear and I don't see anything I could catch. I'm half convinced I'm bugged. :(

01-01-2014 at 06:58 PM
azurerosa
PicaLudica wrote:
If the game doesn't let you use the net, you're not using it the right way. ;)

And I'm not sure it's necessary for Andvari, but do remember that since you don't know anything about animals, you will need a lot of *luck* in order to catch fish.

Hope this helps :)

So I was doing the right thing and it still doesn't work. Joy. -_- The fish jumps out of the lake when I enter the screen, but he disappears as soon as he hits the water. Maybe he's bugging out. :(

01-01-2014 at 07:01 PM
bjorn
There are other water sources, you need to explore more! Maybe go eat something and think on it :)

01-01-2014 at 07:03 PM
v_k
azurerosa wrote:
I've tried the waterfall and stream in his workshop, I've tried the stream in town, I've tried the lake, I've tried the lake from the overlook, I've even tried the water fountain (I was getting desperate ok? :P) Everywhere says it wouldn't be sporting or I can't fish there and the lake says it is completely clear and I don't see anything I could catch. I'm half convinced I'm bugged. :(
It's one of the places you list. Maybe try using your net on a differen spot?
Also (not a spoiler but a further hint):

01-01-2014 at 07:11 PM
PicaLudica
azurerosa wrote:
bjorn wrote:

I've tried the waterfall and stream in his workshop, I've tried the stream in town, I've tried the lake, I've tried the lake from the overlook, I've even tried the water fountain (I was getting desperate ok? :P) (
You've tried the waterfall, but the waterfall isn't the only spot you can fish in that particular area. :)
If you're really stuck:

01-01-2014 at 07:17 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Catching the Fish
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No