Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Leftover Levels (Two old levels rescued from oblivion)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.2/10 (9 votes)
σ 1.03
Author Name:Jutt
Submitted By:Jutt
Hold Name:Leftover Levels
Theme:Two old levels rescued from oblivion
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:29
Number of Monsters:70
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.3)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Leftover Levels.hold (98.5 KB)
Downloaded 692 times.
License: Other
icon Leftover Levels  
After a lengthy absence from the architectural scene, I'm happy to share this new hold with you. It could have been released months ago, but the project got sidetracked a bit during the beta. Also, the levels in this hold are rather old—the earliest versions I have date back to March 2009. They simply weren't suitable for the projects I was working on at the time, hence the late release.

Here they are at last, two levels that contain a nice small set of puzzles. They are mostly not as hard as my previous holds, but both levels are still built around some interesting concepts. One level combines a lot of puzzles in a single room, while the other one is almost a large empty space save for a few exercises in minimalism.

Following the tradition of my previous holds, there is some special hold art included for the dedicated player. And since the art normally just sits there doing nothing, I'm offering a high resolution version to whomever has mastered the hold. Once you've found the image in the hold, you can send me a PM describing what it depicts, and I'll make sure you get a hi-res copy (for personal, non-commercial use).

Enjoy the hold!

Many thanks to the following people, who contributed by testing and reviewing the hold:

Beta testers:
– Zorglub
– Timo006
– Ivcha Pivcha

Hold Admins:
– Tim
– Blondbeard
03-23-2012 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Leftover Levels (+1)  
This is a small, pretty tricky hold based on 2 themes.

I'd love to say that I've solved every room myself, by for HA testing purposes I had to resort to the provided demos for every one of them. :D

I'm not too sure how to rate this hold, but fortunately I can always revise the scores later. It's definitely worth playing, although I wouldn't suggest you to play it unless you're somewhat experienced in DROD.

03-23-2012 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Leftover Levels (+1)  
Pretty small and fun, medium-difficulty hold with some interesting ideas. I enjoyed it.

In particular recommended for people who like Jutt's puzzles but got stumped on his harder creations. This one is indeed slightly easier than most of his other holds.

The hold art in the end is really cool, by the way.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 03-23-2012 11:02 PM]
03-23-2012 at 11:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: Leftover Levels (0)  
Nice hold Jutt!

We have the amazing 1 room w/ 9 solutions depending on what monster starts at a designated location. Very clever room indeed.

Then there's a bunch of minimalistic rooms that I love but seemed to have a hard time solving.

09-09-2012 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Leftover Levels (Two old levels rescued from oblivion) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com