Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Veere's dungeon (Minimalistic puzzles and efficiency rooms)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.2/10 (36 votes)
σ 1.11
Author Name:Simon
Submitted By:Sim
Hold Name:Veere's dungeon
Theme:Minimalistic puzzles and efficiency rooms
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:19
Number of Monsters:162
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:6 (+6 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Veeres dungeon.hold (8.4 KB)
Downloaded 2715 times.
License: Other
icon Veere's dungeon  
This dungeon belongs to the nobleman Veere, a rude and spiteful man who shows little respect for the dangers of Beethro's job. As Veere's dungeon begins to swarm with creatures and monsters, he calls Beethro in to clean it out, failing to mention about the devious puzzles and cramped rooms.
This version of the hold is editable only once it has been finished, however the exit stairs bug may prevent that. There is a secret to this hold that can only be found in the editor, and so if you're curious then you can download the anyone-edit version from the architecture board. This version is little different from the one on the architecture board, so if you've already played that one then I wouldn't recommend this hold.
Enjoy the hold,
-Sim
08-04-2004 at 12:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Veere's dungeon (0)  
Um I can't get to the ending. I can't edit it since It restarts the hold. What do I do? :huh

10-24-2004 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sim
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 90
icon Re: Veere's dungeon (+1)  
Do you mean that you can't finish the hold, or that when you finish it the ending text doesn't appear? If it's the first one, check the thread of the same title in the Architecture forum in case your question has been asked already. If the text won't appear then it is a problem with drod, and could be caused be either your version or the level author's (mine).
The latest version of the hold from the thread in the Architecture forum is anyone-edit, so you can check the ending there if you like.
10-26-2004 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
Sim,

This happens to me as well.
This version of yours has the end of level stairs bug.

-- Tim (Very nice hold, by the way.) :)

10-27-2004 at 11:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Ive been looking all over and I can't find the secret of the hold.Can someone please tell me what the secret is?THNX

10-28-2004 at 02:32 AM
Sim
Well, it's a shame about the stairs...is there any way I can be sure to fix it? I'm using the older version of DROD:AE (I was put off by the problems that arose in the update). In the meantime though, you can pick up the anyone-edit version if you really want to see the ending.

As for the secret thingy:
Click here to view the secret text

10-28-2004 at 01:09 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Sim wrote:
Well, it's a shame about the stairs...is there any way I can be sure to fix it? I'm using the older version of DROD:AE (I was put off by the problems that arose in the update). In the meantime though, you can pick up the anyone-edit version if you really want to see the ending.

The best way to solve the problem is to delete the stair entirely, and then replace it.

10-28-2004 at 01:11 PM
rowrow

11-04-2004 at 04:08 AM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352

11-04-2004 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
:huh

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:11-04-2004 at 02:45 PM]

11-04-2004 at 02:38 PM
wackhead_uk
There's no real way to tell you any more wihtout actually giving it away, but it is quite good.
11-04-2004 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Sim wrote:
Well, it's a shame about the stairs...is there any way I can be sure to fix it? I'm using the older version of DROD:AE (I was put off by the problems that arose in the update).
Three things you can try:

1. Remove the stairs, and add the stairs again. Then remove some blue doors in the start/exit room, test this in your hold, then when that works, put back the blue doors and export immediately.
(At least that's how I do it.)

2. Put it on architecture so that we can test it as well.

3. Did you know that you can edit the holds in the holds section nowadays?

-- Tim

By the way, are you going to make another hold? I think you should :)

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:11-05-2004 at 09:39 PM]

11-05-2004 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Okay I looked for a few days and still nothing. Can someone just please tell me exactly how to find it please? Thanx.Pm me.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:11-09-2004 at 02:25 AM]

11-07-2004 at 03:45 AM
rowrow
Bumpmy question

11-09-2004 at 02:26 AM
wackhead_uk
Does that mean you found it? It's weird...
11-09-2004 at 02:25 PM
rowrow
Bumping means to bring the thread to the top. I meant that nobody saw my question. So it means that I didn't find it.

11-09-2004 at 02:39 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Veere's dungeon (+2)  
Still searching the secret?

3 Tips to find it.

11-09-2004 at 03:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sim
I didn't think there's be so much interest in this secret thingy, I just stuck it in as an afterthought before releasing. But still, have fun! There's probably enough clues now to work it out without giving it away.

There is a version with fixed stairs on the architecture board now. Same hold, no blue door, and hopefully working stairs. I'd be grateful if people could just load it up to see if the stairs work. Then I can take out the scrolls by the exit and update.
11-09-2004 at 09:16 PM
rowrow
Doom wrote:
Still searching the secret?

3 Tips to find it.
I looked alot I can probably say everything by heart except for that secret. I am rubbing my no raw. Can someone please PM it to me.? Please? Thanx if you do.

11-10-2004 at 01:17 AM
Sim
The hold should be updated now, with the stairs bug fixed.

As for the secret thing:

11-10-2004 at 08:07 AM
rowrow
I got it I got it I got it. I got like 5 PMs. No joke.

11-12-2004 at 03:32 PM
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
I finished this hold, but the stairs start me back to the beginning - how do I look at the editor if the game never finishes?

Also the map for Veere's doesn't show on the search for the forum - is this a bug?

[Edited by cbemom at Local Time:01-11-2005 at 03:34 AM]

01-11-2005 at 03:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
The one in the architecture board doesn't have that bug. And the rooms are in there.

01-11-2005 at 04:04 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Very good hold :thumbsup

Pretty much every room was fine.
L1:3N2W- I liked the timing on this room.
L1:5N1W- Excellent puzzle. Perfect difficulty. Makes you think, but not too tough.

I have to criticize something so... 1S4W- I don't enjoy playing orb puzzles. Does anyone?

I enjoyed playing this hold!
07-26-2005 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
So, I played through this one, myself. Very, very nice hold.

Found the secret, too. Hee.
07-31-2005 at 12:57 AM
rowrow
Too bad the hidden secret isn't hidden in jtrh. :P

08-06-2005 at 01:21 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Wow! I have to say this is a very, very enjoyable hold! I would Sim to make another hold if he's still around! :D

Now that I found the secret though, what do I do with it? -_-

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I really like the hand. Very subtle piece of hold art. And no, for those still looking, that's not the secret.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 06-23-2006 05:41 PM]
06-23-2006 at 05:38 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Good hold! Just played through it quickly, really enjoyed some of the puzzles. Some very clever bits, some refreshing, more relaxing bits.

I give it an 8 with 6.5 brains.

06-27-2006 at 03:43 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
I finished this hold a while back, but forget to score it, so here goes:

6 difficulty - 8 overall

Lots of really great self-contained puzzles (which is the talk of the day apparantly). Beautiful layout too.

Very enjoyable :) Thanks!
06-27-2006 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
Great hold!!!! :thumbsup
I really likes small puzzles with cool tricks. (Just as the Nine Puzzles in Jacobs Beethro and the Secret Society)

6 difficulty - 9 overall

12-01-2006 at 07:51 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Veere's dungeon (Minimalistic puzzles and efficiency rooms)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com