Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hold Anonymous : First level : 2 North, 1 West (Optimization)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
IP: Logged
icon Hold Anonymous : First level : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Hey guys, I'm playing through this lovely but cruelly hard hold and I'm stuck on the Third Level.
Click here to view the secret text
Problem is I end up with too few HP (as well as keys) to breach any of the defenses in this Third Level. Therefore:
Lots of questions, I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated! I hope to turn my frustration into yet more effort.
Also, bravo to the creators of this hold. Even though I haven't even seen half of it yet, I'm already impressed by its complexity, and of course its possibility to require every single brain cell to work at full power.

09-03-2011 at 02:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
icon Re: Hold Anonymous : First level : 2 North, 1 West (+2)  
Midootje wrote:
Is there anyone who can tell me how you can ultimately optimise the First Level?
I'm fairly certain I could, but I haven't played RPG in a while and won't get back to it until next year in all likelihood.

I'm reasonably certain for optimization you need to...

At least, that's what I remember. I found a particularly creative method for...
...for that specific purpose.

One hint on that:

Hope that helps a little...! I won't have time to check specifics for a while but drop me a pmail if you're desparate and I'll look into it on the weekend.

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

[Last edited by Trickster at 11-01-2011 03:55 AM]
11-01-2011 at 03:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Midootje
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
icon Re: Hold Anonymous : First level : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Hey Trickster, thanks for replying!
I've just taken another look at it, and so far I've reached the Fourth Level, which I'm stuck on right now. I'm gonna send you a PM, anyway, because I'm really looking for some kind of a walkthrough for the first two Levels. I hope to be able to find my own way after those, but I really need the ultimate stats to go into the Gauntlet. What I had:
I'm going to ask for more in the PM. :) thanks already!

11-02-2011 at 07:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Hold Anonymous : First level : 2 North, 1 West (Optimization)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com