Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Conveyor Belts (Floor tiles which move monsters and Beethro)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
brian_s
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 587
IP: Logged
icon Conveyor Belts (0)  
Here is my great idea: conveyor belts.

A conveyor belt would be one or more tiles in a line which move Beethro and any monsters one space in the direction it is heading (north, south, east or west). When anything reaches the end of the conveyor belt, it is simply placed on the tile after the end, if it is open.

Roaches and tar babies would step on the conveyor belts as if they were stepping onto normal floor tiles. Wraithwings would not be affected, since they are flyers. Serpents would treat conveyor belts like force arrows and not move on them. Tar would not grow onto a conveyor belts, but produce a bunch of tar babies if it tried to expand on it.

A conveyor belt could be drawn as a moving series of chevrons kind of like <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< for a west moving belt.
07-09-2004 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Conveyor Belts (0)  
Would you be unable to move into the opposite direction, the conveyor is moving?

If you moved along it would you move 2 steps a turn?

If not, how would it differ from walking?

And I don't think that moving 2 steps a time is clever.
Would Beethro just "skip" over one step?
07-09-2004 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Brickman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
That wouldn't really work. If enemies walk onto it, their next move would be diagonal and put them on beethro's row again, which is silly. And what would brains and brained creatures treat it as? What if a goblin is on it and he has to stay one space away from your sword, but already would by not moving? What would happen to the Ai if both beethro and the enemies were on conveyors going the same way? Do they keep going to where he is now or where he will be? How do they know where he will be? I think thats enough to prove my point.
07-09-2004 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
This feature was already proposed twice before (under slightly different incarnations):

Conveyor Belts

Forcing Arrows

I personally don't like tiles which can restrict your movement or add to it in some way. All movement that can take place should be up to the player to decide.

07-09-2004 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
agaricus5 wrote:
I personally don't like tiles which can restrict your movement or add to it in some way. All movement that can take place should be up to the player to decide.
Except for Force Arrows, of course.

07-09-2004 at 07:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
DiMono wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:
Except for Force Arrows, of course.

Oops. Did I say "restrict"?

Ignore that.

All I meant was that any tile that moves you without you having to make a keypress removes the player's control somewhat.

07-09-2004 at 07:38 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
What about Iron Walls? I though there was a pretty positive reaction to that.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
07-10-2004 at 06:39 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Conveyor Belts (Floor tiles which move monsters and Beethro)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com