Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Hey all, I'm new.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Vuen
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Hey all, I'm new. (+1)  
I couldn't seem to find a specific place to post an "I'm new" topic, or whether I should even bother, but I figured I may as well. I remembered playing an old version of DROD years ago, and the other day something reminded me of it, so I went and found the newer version.

Needless to say, I'm addicted again. I've been playing a few hours a day for a few days and I'm somewhere on Level 7. I'm considering forgoing sleep tonight to play DROD :D.

Anyway, so as not to make this topic completely useless, when I eventually finish King Dugan's Dungeon, what other holds do you guys recommend?

What wouldst thou deau?
>
06-09-2004 at 01:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5413
icon Re: Hey all, I'm new. (+1)  
:hi to the forum!

I would recommend going to http://www.drod.net/forum/holds.php and looking at what's available. You can sort them by pretty much any field, including difficulty and quality rating. There's too many good holds out there to suggest any one over the next!

06-09-2004 at 02:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
icon Re: Hey all, I'm new. (0)  
I on the other hand will recommend one particular hold after the completion of KDD, and that would be Loony Labyrinth. While there are numerous superb holds, full of challenge and original ideas, Loony Labyrinth is sizable and fun, not ridiculously difficult and the huge one floor size is a nice change of pace from the linear brutality of the final level of KDD. But what you'll want to play really depends on the kind of puzzles you like, the Labyrinth is good and eclectic, so it should be pleasing overall.

The I Ching hold is also an excellently done hold, and illustrates many different authors styles.

06-09-2004 at 05:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
I would also recommend Smallsome Swicks (Erik's hold), which is a nice short one-level. If you're a bit more ambitious, try Claythro Tower.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
06-09-2004 at 01:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
Vuen, Masonjason *loves* your signature. :D
On topic, play my two holds, the Oversight and Bad Evil Restaurant. I promise you'll enjoy both of them. Although probably in slightly different ways.

06-14-2004 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Vuen
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Thanks for the suggestions all. I've gotten to play very little, but I'm slowly making my way through. And yeah, Thy Dungeonman is awesome; have you played the sequel? Also, Schik's sig rocks my socks off :D

What wouldst thou deau?
>
06-14-2004 at 07:49 PM
masonjason
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 349
Vuen wrote:
And yeah, Thy Dungeonman is awesome; have you played the sequel?
Actually, I haven't played the original. Or even heard of it. I'll be sure to track it down now, though.

06-14-2004 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
This is as good a link as any, since it has both:

http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~jrupke/

06-14-2004 at 08:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Hey all, I'm new.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com