Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Rule 6: Boldness : 4 North, 5 East (stupid pirate)
Page 3 of 3
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Kiwi
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Rule 6: Boldness : 4 North, 5 East (0)  
12th Archivist wrote:
You don't need to get the portable orb to get the longsword, just kill all the Fegundi.

The bomb can only be reached by using
Click here to view the secret text
It's behind the

Well, somewhere in this thread, and I read it ALL, I'm so frustrated!!!... someone said that if you face in the direction and press the tab key, you can warp through an object. I pressed the tab key and got a pet roach. Was I Supposed to lose the roach over that iddy biddy potion awhile bak, so that wall walking would work, or did someone quote the wrong key?

Thanks in advance, y'all are kewl!!!

02-25-2009 at 05:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Rule 6: Boldness : 4 North, 5 East (+1)  
Yes, your supposed to lose the roach for the iddy bitty potion. You'll find that it will net you the invisiblity potion if you find the right room.

The bomb is hidden away in a place you can only get to by wall walking.

Tab doesn't work until the second part of the hold.
02-25-2009 at 06:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
NiroZ wrote:
Tab doesn't work until the second part of the hold.
You're confusing Tab with Command.

Command (default shortcut: numpad decimal point) does whatever it's programmed to in a particular hold. In Tendry's Tale it takes you to and from a special level called "Inventory" where you can store weapons and equipment for later use, but (as NiroZ said) this only starts working in the second half.

Tab is the default shortcut for "use current accessory". In the first half of Tendry's Tale your current accessory is the pocket roach, until you gain another accessory, and (again as NiroZ said) gaining another accessory requires losing the roach permanently. Whatever accessory you're holding can also be used by clicking on it in the user interface.

02-25-2009 at 04:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Kiwi wrote:
12th Archivist wrote:
You don't need to get the portable orb to get the longsword, just kill all the Fegundi.

It's behind the

Well, somewhere in this thread, and I read it ALL, I'm so frustrated!!!... someone said that if you face in the direction and press the tab key, you can warp through an object. I pressed the tab key and got a pet roach. Was I Supposed to lose the roach over that iddy biddy potion awhile bak, so that wall walking would work, or did someone quote the wrong key?

The hook is an optional weapon that does better damage than the longsword. It can be found in a secret room. To get the hook in that secret room, you must use the special accessory item "flippers" to walk across the water.

Minor spoilers ahead:

Ask if you have any other questions.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
02-26-2009 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kiwi
Lamkin wrote:
Rule #6 is quite frustrating. :frusty
For starters, I'm fairly new to DROD (in general) and am currently stumped as to how I would navigate the mimic properly so that I might subsequently be able to stand upon the expansive red door.
Aargh!
Secondly, with regards to the pirate, although I am in possession of the...
(Note: I have only 696 HP before I tangle with said captain, which isn't remotely close to being blessed with over 2,000.)

Thanks in advance for all of your help. :)

Pirate be hanged! I'm going insane here! I started level 6 with over 3700 hit points, and by the time I can get to the steel sword, I'm down so low that I haven't a dream of getting past the things that guard the wall walking accessory, so I've never been able to attain it. beyond that, where ... at least what RULE, where is the illeged invisibility potion??? I've found the rattlesnake on 5, the hook on 6, the orb, I can't get to the orb without the wall walker, can't get to the wall walker because I haven't enough hit points, or attack points, take your pick, can't get to the rattlesnake without either the orb, or the wall walker, and GOD ONLY KNOWS where the invisibility potion is! :lol Would somebody PLEASE, since these items are all listed, give us poor delvers who are just starting Tendry's Maze of torment a little clue as to where to find what is needed and HOW TO GET INTO THE ROOM WITH THE WALL WALKING THINGIE? :D Oh, and where's the bomb again?

Oh, I luv you guys!!!

Kiwi

[Last edited by Kiwi at 02-27-2009 08:54 PM : Forgot to be polite]
02-27-2009 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Rule 6: Boldness : 4 North, 5 East (+2)  
The invisibility potion is in Rule Six. It's not even in a secret room! It's guarded by a tar mother.

The wall walking can also be found in Rule Six. In that room pretty close to the entrance, there's a place there that makes you ask, "Why would I got there? Being guarded by a green door (or maybe a few greckle gates) a red guard (who is different from the pirate) and a hot tile, what could possibly be in that room to make up for all that?"

The answer: Wall walking. Plus, there are three power gems. Don't worry, there aren't many more than five seep guarding it. The invisibility potion can be used to go past ALL the seep and still get the stuff. It just takes some planning and sometimes replaying of certain parts of the hold (and sometimes, replaying of the entire hold) to get it.

02-27-2009 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kiwi
12th Archivist wrote:
The invisibility potion is in Rule Six. It's not even in a secret room! It's guarded by a tar mother.

The wall walking can also be found in Rule Six. In that room pretty close to the entrance, there's a place there that makes you ask, "Why would I got there? Being guarded by a green door (or maybe a few greckle gates) a red guard (who is different from the pirate) and a hot tile, what could possibly be in that room to make up for all that?"

The answer: Wall walking. Plus, there are three power gems. Don't worry, there aren't many more than five seep guarding it. The invisibility potion can be used to go past ALL the seep and still get the stuff. It just takes some planning and sometimes replaying of certain parts of the hold (and sometimes, replaying of the entire hold) to get it.

I haven't ever seen the tar mother and have done rule 6 with the map, all rooms disclosed many many many times. You sure it's rule 6? I recall seeing a tar mother somewhere, but can't recall where. NOT in rule 6 though :(

02-28-2009 at 12:43 AM
12th Archivist
Kiwi wrote:
12th Archivist wrote:

I haven't ever seen the tar mother and have done rule 6 with the map, all rooms disclosed many many many times. You sure it's rule 6? I recall seeing a tar mother somewhere, but can't recall where. NOT in rule 6 though :(
...Ever been to Once North, Quarce (four) East before?

In there, you battle with a dangerous tar mother. You need to make roachy die so that he can open the pressure plate, though.

02-28-2009 at 12:48 AM
reyll3
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
Well, i did use the invisibility potion on him, though, you dont need it for the seep.

03-03-2009 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Minaro
Rank Points: 11
12th Archivist wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
12th Archivist wrote:

It's behind the

The hook is an optional weapon that does better damage than the longsword. It can be found in a secret room. To get the hook in that secret room, you must use the special accessory item "flippers" to walk across the water.

Minor spoilers ahead:

Ask if you have any other questions.
I still can't figure out what to do next after I've gained access to the
At first I was under the impression that I was supposed to go to Rule 8 to even get to the hook, which is where I spent the last couple of hours just to find myself in need of restarting now to be able to clear rule 8.

Now, the things is, I figured out where I *actually* need to go to get the hook, kind of, but to get there I need the

A little help would be appreciated.
06-16-2010 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Lamkin
Rank Points: 606
Minaro wrote:
I still can't figure out what to do next after I've gained access to the

Minaro wrote:
Now, the things is, I figured out where I *actually* need to go to get the hook, kind of, but to get there I need the

A little help would be appreciated.

06-16-2010 at 11:20 PM
The Stew Boy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 247

06-17-2010 at 12:50 AM
Minaro
Rank Points: 11
Lamkin wrote:
I've been staring my eyes out on that floor, but I'll take another look through it tommorow - see if my luck is any better then.

The Stew Boy wrote:

*Edit*
Alright, I found it. It was sneakily hidden from my view. I have now found everything and also beaten everything (I think) in Part 1. Now I can feel content moving onto Part 2, thanks for the help.

[Last edited by Minaro at 06-18-2010 10:18 PM]
06-17-2010 at 04:39 AM
Mlizziec
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Tim wrote:
Some hints for now:

I've tried every which way to get through that red door and just can't find the sequence. Can someone please help me with explicit instructions before I go mad. :wacko

[Last edited by Briareos at 03-22-2011 09:19 AM : Fixed secret tag]
03-22-2011 at 04:55 AM
Mlizziec
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Mlizziec wrote:
Tim wrote:
Some hints for now:

I've tried every which way to get through that red door and just can't find the sequence. Can someone please help me with explicit instructions before I go mad. :wacko

Well there you go – a good night's sleep and I did it straight away. How silly am I!!
03-22-2011 at 09:29 PM
Rat Man
Rank Points: 121
AAAAARGH! I'm in the same place as the guy who started this topic, only i read through the whole thing and I still can't get it! I came in with
I just don't get it! No matter how many times I read through the hints!

04-05-2011 at 02:05 AM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
Your ATK is simply terrible for going up against the Pirate right now. It has 210 DEF, and you have 215 ATK, so you're going to take 35 hits. That's a *lot* of hits.

Optimum ATK for this area is 246 ATK, which reduces the number of hits you take to 4, meaning you only take 1400 damage. That's much more manageable. So in short, you need to work on finding more Power Gems.

Oh, and REP does nothing in Tendry's Tale. You can see it as merely a measure of how much GR worth of monsters you've killed. Other holds may optionally use REP for various purposes (for instance, it's used in Hold Anonymous to help determine what ending you can get).
04-05-2011 at 03:30 AM
The Stew Boy
Rank Points: 247
Or perhaps you missed the nearby sword upgrade?
04-05-2011 at 06:48 AM
Rat Man
Rank Points: 121
TFMurphy wrote:
Your ATK is simply terrible for going up against the Pirate right now. It has 210 DEF, and you have 215 ATK, so you're going to take 35 hits. That's a *lot* of hits.

Optimum ATK for this area is 246 ATK, which reduces the number of hits you take to 4, meaning you only take 1400 damage. That's much more manageable. So in short, you need to work on finding more Power Gems.
I've been having trouble figuring out whether it's a better idea to fight and lose health for a power gem or miss this one out.
Oh, and REP does nothing in Tendry's Tale. You can see it as merely a measure of how much GR worth of monsters you've killed. Other holds may optionally use REP for various purposes (for instance, it's used in Hold Anonymous to help determine what ending you can get).
Does REP determine the number by the multiplier? (x1, x2, x3, etc.) If so, it also determines how many ATK points you get per gem.
The Stew Boy wrote:
Or perhaps you missed the nearby sword upgrade?
Nope, I got it. I only had to fight one fegundo, too.

04-05-2011 at 07:17 PM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Rat Man wrote:
Does REP determine the number by the multiplier? (x1, x2, x3, etc.) If so, it also determines how many ATK points you get per gem.

Nope, that's determined by the architect when they build the hold. The player (usually) doesn't have any control over that number.

In Tendry's Tale, those multipliers just cause all the items on each particular level to have certain values that correspond to those levels.

04-05-2011 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Rule 6: Boldness : 4 North, 5 East (stupid pirate)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com