Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Improvement idea (To prevent file corrupting due to electric off)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 230
IP: Logged
icon Improvement idea (0)  
There's a separate file "config.ini" and i have the idea to prevent file corrupting due to electric off.

You should add the variable to config.ini file, and when Wonderquest is runned, program checks from config.ini variable is it 0 or 1.

0 means that program was closed properly,
1 means that program was closed suddendly.

If the variable is 0, (properly closed) the program will run itself normally, create backup files and set the variable to 1. When shutting of the program, the program will set it back to 0 and deletes the autobackup files.

But if variable is 1, (suddendly closed) the program will back up the game from back up files. So there is no files corrupt.

How about this?

If you have any ideas to add to this, write them here, thanks!

06-29-2008 at 11:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
IP: Logged
icon Re: Improvement idea (0)  
I'm too busy with another projects right now, Vike.

One idea I had a few time ago was to render WQ graphics with the new engine I'm using right now, which allows hardware blending.
Things like better particle effects, water reflexion, shadows, cloud shadows and water reflex could be added to improve the game's graphics. Another great improvement, would be fully Windows Vista compatibility. I mean: Liquid fast rendering.

There's only one problem: Money.
Even though I've made this game just for fun, and have never worked a single hour without the word pleasure in mind, it's now a finished project.

So if you guys really want that, gather some friends, join at least 300$ And I'll consider to spend a week to add these new features. It's not big money, but it's symbolic.

In fact, I'm missing a little bit the fun I had coding Wonderquest.

07-01-2008 at 12:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Improvement idea (To prevent file corrupting due to electric off)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com