Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Possible unintended solution
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged
icon Possible unintended solution (0)  
Are you supposed to not conquer "The Devil's Throat (4)"? I didn't (left an agressive fluffy alive).

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-22-2008 04:59 PM]
06-22-2008 at 04:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: Possible unintended solution (0)  
You could have killed it using the Archer and a tower.
But there's no need to.
06-23-2008 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Not as I "solved" the room. (I think) ;) I'm really enjoying Dreams, by the way. But I don't understand the secrets. I hope I don't miss out on too much of the game.
06-24-2008 at 03:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
googa
Secrets are always optional. You have to type the right pass code to clean the room.
Hints can be anywhere.
06-25-2008 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Man! I just have to express my admiration for Dreams level 5 2S.

What a room! And so many decoys! (I never used anybody but Chen, and I suppose this is the intended way to solve the room).

Edit: Oh, and my solution for 2N1E seemed a bit unintended. The room was very easy, and I didn't use the archer at all.

In Level 6 1S: am I supposed to have twenty waterbottles left as I leave the room? Oh, and I don't post about potential unintended solutions to bug you. If you like it I'll continue, otherwise I'll stop.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-27-2008 11:22 AM]
06-27-2008 at 09:44 AM
googa
Man! I just have to express my admiration for Dreams level 5 2S.

What a room! And so many decoys! (I never used anybody but Chen, and I suppose this is the intended way to solve the room).

Well, if there's an unintentional solution, and this solution is pretty cool, I think there's no reason to fix it, right?
Anyway, you can still solve it in the the original way, using all the characters.

Edit: Oh, and my solution for 2N1E seemed a bit unintended. The room was very easy, and I didn't use the archer at all.

I wonder how you've achieved that.

In Level 6 1S: am I supposed to have twenty waterbottles left as I leave the room? Oh, and I don't post about potential unintended solutions to bug you. If you like it I'll continue, otherwise I'll stop.

You mean L5? or L6?
Keep posting.
06-27-2008 at 10:03 PM
Blondbeard

File: WQ US.JPG (274.4 KB)
Downloaded 251 times.
License: Public Domain
For level 4 2N1E:

1) Use Chen to grab the rope. 2) Use his special staff to strike the lower orb without waking the eye. 3) Strike the second orb, thus waking the eye, and back up to the red Rick square. The eye will be unable to reach Chen due to the long staff forming a qourner where it gets stuck.

4) Use Rick to strike the orbs which don't release the eye. The eye will now be stuck here:
Click here to view the secret text

5) Step on any red square with Rick 6) Walk Chen up to the red square a butterfly's distance to the ledft of the orb releasing the eye. Chen will be quite unreachable by the eye there. 7) use Rick to strike the orb, and have the eye folowing you up through the non-arrow path. When you go down you will go through the westmost path, why the eye will go through the arrow path, a few squares above you, du to it having to move west while you move SE for a few steps.

8) Have the eye following Rick untill Rick stands directly above th SE fire in the "final area". The eye will now stand directly SW of the door to the rest of the eyes. 9) Step on the red square next to Rick. The eye will enter the alcove while trying to go to Chen. It will thus activate the preasure plate, and the room will be solved.

As you can see the only two characters needed is Rick and Chen, and you don't need the water for anything either.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-28-2008 08:25 AM]
06-28-2008 at 08:24 AM
Blondbeard

File: WQ US2.JPG (261.1 KB)
Downloaded 239 times.
In level 5 2S I reach this
position just in time, by never turning, circulating the upper forest, backswiping the roaches, save one move by jumping acros a serpent (two actually, but it costs me one move to activate the special staff).

What is the intended solution?

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-28-2008 02:33 PM]
06-28-2008 at 02:31 PM
Blondbeard

File: WQ US3.JPG (200.5 KB)
Downloaded 230 times.
Level 6 NE reactor is possible to complete with 25 water left.

See atatched picture:

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-28-2008 04:46 PM]
06-28-2008 at 04:45 PM
Blondbeard

File: WQ US4.JPG (192.4 KB)
Downloaded 225 times.
Another room broken: Level 6 NW reactor.

45 water left, and a "trivial" solution. See atatched picture.

I just need to swing the sword clockwise to set the ball in motion.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-28-2008 05:01 PM]
06-28-2008 at 04:58 PM
Blondbeard

File: WQ US 5.JPG (234.6 KB)
Downloaded 201 times.
Woah! Unintended solutions is popping up like crazy here, but don't worry! The game is still extremly brilliant. Take a look at this picture:
This room is compleatable by using only cahill, killing all the butterflies with the rays.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-29-2008 08:35 AM]
06-29-2008 at 08:34 AM
Blondbeard

File: WQ US perhaps.JPG (234.7 KB)
Downloaded 189 times.
Possible unintended solution. I got quite a lot of resourses left, at least. The set up in this picture seems like the logical one.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 06-30-2008 07:39 AM]
06-30-2008 at 07:39 AM
googa
In the last room you was supposed to build the towers in the islands. But it must have been hard to achieve that, I think.

A few arrows can be placed in the right tiles to avoid this bug.

All others will be fixed.

Have you reached L8? Have you got any real time speed problems there?

about Level 6 NW reactor:

Did you take the artifact in the middle? If not, this is not a bug.

The solution to level 5 2S: You should use the passage, using all the characters.

[Last edited by googa at 06-30-2008 11:58 PM]
06-30-2008 at 11:49 PM
Blondbeard
I took the artifact. And real time madness is killing me :( I am not good with timing. I hope this is the only level with real time ;)
07-01-2008 at 07:18 AM
googa
Realtime isn't supposed to be used all the time, I guess.
Just optional rooms here and there.

Did you notice that you don't have to conquer all the rooms to finish the level?

I just included it because It took me only half an hour to add it as a feature. Since it's basically a timer that triggers a wait move. WQ needed 30 minutes of coding to become a real time game also.
07-01-2008 at 09:11 PM
Blondbeard
googa wrote:
Realtime isn't supposed to be used all the time, I guess.
Just optional rooms here and there.

Did you notice that you don't have to conquer all the rooms to finish the level?

I just included it because It took me only half an hour to add it as a feature. Since it's basically a timer that triggers a wait move. WQ needed 30 minutes of coding to become a real time game also.

Since I compleated the game I obviously did :) The secrets are probably too clever for me, though. I have gotten a very few of them. Overall I like the real time option. It was a worthy "boss" level.

07-01-2008 at 09:41 PM
googa
The secrets are also a secondary challenge, nobody is supposed to solve them all. I think each one of them deserves a 5min brainstorm and that's all.
07-01-2008 at 10:16 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Possible unintended solution
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com