Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Order of aumtlich beam freezing - intended?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged

File: aumtlich.png (20 KB)
Downloaded 81 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Order of aumtlich beam freezing - intended? (0)  
See the attached picture (roach moves before aumtlich, though I doubt that matters). If Beethro moves north, he stabs the roach, thereby putting his sword back into the aumtlich's beam. But the aumtlich is not frozen, as if he moves before the roach dies.

That's not what I was expecting. Is that the correct behavior?

[Last edited by Tahnan at 07-17-2007 04:24 AM]
07-17-2007 at 01:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Order of aumtlich beam freezing - intended? (0)  
It would probably be easier to tell if you hadn't forgotten to attach the picture...

07-17-2007 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Your and your picky little details. Attached now.
07-17-2007 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3118
The freezing of any creature only occurs at the end of an aumtlich's turn, after they've already moved. You don't need a blocking roach to show that - you can just try moving into a beam with your sword in the right direction, and you'll find that you're the one that's trapped instead.

You can see this with mirrors, swords, stalwarts, everything. It has a fair sort of consistency as a result, and I wouldn't like to hazard how many demos it'd break if it worked differently.

Still, that's the mechanic you're noticing - aumtlich don't freeze anything until after they move.
07-17-2007 at 04:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Order of aumtlich beam freezing - intended?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com