Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Dave the Worm (Lemmings-like pure logic game)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1916
IP: Logged
icon Dave the Worm (+1)  
OK, I haven't played this much, but it looks like a good Lemmings-type game where logic is substituted for the action element because in Dave the Worm you place all your items then click start and watch the action unfold (I don't think items can be placed after clicking start).

I'm sure someone with some time can decide if this game is worthwile.

http://www.ice13.com/dave/index.php?CPF=1

Oh, and it's freeware to boot!
10-08-2006 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3260
icon Re: Dave the Worm (0)  
Examine the top players list, and you can find more than a dozen forumites from here in the 150 first names. So yes, this has been mentioned quite a while ago. But good games don't get old, so why not.

I actually managed to get third place in Maze of the Month 2005... which doesn't seem to be quite monthly, though, because it's still the newest one.

Haven't spent any time with this in a long time. Could probably try to improve my ranking a bit.
10-08-2006 at 07:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I have an old game called WormWorld that this is an exact clone of. If it weren't for that, I'd be rather impressed.

10-08-2006 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Dave the Worm (+1)  
I knew I had seen this game posted about on this board before...and then I found it, right here. But it apparently never got posted about in the puzzle games thread, so it's good to get some more exposure, it was a good game.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-09-2006 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
John259
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
When I fail a level, I have to put all my blocks back in place before re-running which is a right pain. Am I missing something obvious? Is there some way to just make small modifications to the last attempt?

John

10-09-2006 at 01:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Dave the Worm (+1)  
But it apparently never got posted about in the puzzle games thread,
Lest I be accused of falling down on my duty, here is a link in the electronic games forum:
Dave the Worm Thread

[Last edited by stigant at 10-09-2006 03:37 PM]
10-09-2006 at 03:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
Jatopian wrote:
I have an old game called WormWorld that this is an exact clone of. If it weren't for that, I'd be rather impressed.

I was just thinking the same thing. Again on that CD I got Webfoot DROD on.

10-09-2006 at 06:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
stigant wrote:
But it apparently never got posted about in the puzzle games thread,
Lest I be accused of falling down on my duty, here is a link in the electronic games forum:
Dave the Worm Thread
Doh...when I searched for it I didn't notice that there were multiple authors for the "Dave the worm"-titled topics. Blargh.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-09-2006 at 09:25 PM
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
Larrymurk - yes, you can place things after pressing start, and often it's nearly required. Pausing is useful too.
10-15-2006 at 08:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Gah! This game is addictive.

I've gone off optimization in DROD for a while now, but for some reason I can't stop replaying levels until I get a gold medal in them here.

10-16-2006 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Dave the Worm (Lemmings-like pure logic game)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com